Re: [bang-phpug] Smarty template problem

  • Viswanath Somanchi
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2007
      Hi ,

      Bettwer use XML based reports which are faster

      On 1/16/07, Prashanth H <hprashi.blore@...> wrote:

      > i am doing a project in PHP and am using "smarty template system" . The
      > time
      > eater in my project is fetching data from database. Is there a way by
      > which
      > i can prevent this database fetching. I know i can use is_cached() and
      > prevent this
      > /**********************************/
      > <?php
      > require('Smarty.class.php');
      > $smarty = new Smarty;
      >
      > $smarty->caching = 1;
      >
      > if(!$smarty->is_cached('cat_display.tpl')) {
      > // No cache available, do variable assignments here.
      > $contents = get_database_contents();
      > $smarty->assign($contents);
      > }
      >
      > $smarty->display('cat_display.tpl');
      > ?>
      > /*******************************************/
      > but in my case
      > i have 10 categories but same php file and same template file
      >
      > http://www.example.com/cat_display.php?catid=3
      > http://www.example.com/cat_display.php?catid=4
      >
      > and so on.....
      > all these have different outputs, is there a way to cache this output???

    • ansar ansar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 18, 2007
        Hi Prashanth,

        Except database content rest of the static content in the template like images etc can be cached. Even u can cache the database content and clear the cache when database is updated. If u have 10 category then you should have 10 cache file holding 10 category content, cache file name : cache_categoryid_name or as you wish, but you should be careful and delete the cache file when database is updated if db is updated once per day then u might have cron job set to delete the cache file.

        Regards,
        Ansar Ahmed

        /*********** ********* ********* *****/

        /*********** ********* ********* ********* *****/

        but in my case

        i have 10 categories but same php file and same template file

        http://www.example com/cat_display. php?catid= 3

        http://www.example com/cat_display. php?catid= 4

        and so on.....

        all these have different outputs, is there a way to cache this output???

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{
        font-family:Georgia;