Re: [bang-phpug] php error not displaying

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 27, 2006
      Prashanth,

      Make sure the following is present in your php.ini file:
      error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
      This will enable all errors except notices to come up on the browser.

      One point to note is that PHP is an interpreted language and doesn't
      have a compiler .

      On 12/27/06, Prashanth <hprashi.blore@...> wrote:
      > i am using fedora 6, my php compiler is not showing errors if i use
      > browser to open the file (http://localhost/file.php is not showing
      > error and i get a blank page), but when i run it in terminal (php
      > file.php) it throws error.
      > can anyone pls tell me how to make php display errors in browsers

    • Ankur Dave
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 27, 2006
        Dude,

        Chk the php.ini setting that this must be enable.
        error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

        and you can chk your err here also /var/log/apache2/*
        just do "tail -f :/var/log/apache2/error.log" and this will gv you
        error here
        (This is for my debian machine)

        Hope this will work for you now.

        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        ankur dave,
        my blog :: http://ullu.wordpress.com

        i am using fedora 6, my php compiler is not showing errors if i use
        browser to open the file (http://localhost/file.php is not showing
        error and i get a blank page), but when i run it in terminal (php
        file.php) it throws error.
        can anyone pls tell me how to make php display errors in browsers

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, contains confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and is subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.

        www.aztecsoft.com
      • Ved Prakash
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 28, 2006
          Hi Prashanth,

          Check for "error_reporting" tag in your php.ini set to "E_ALL &
          ~E_NOTICE".

          Hope that may help.