Reading a excel file

  • sureshhatti001
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 22, 2006
      Hi All,

      I have a problem regarding reading the excel file and uploaing it to
      database.Can any one please help me in solvin my problem. Thanks in
      advance.

      Regards
      Suresh Hatti.
    • raghu mitra
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 22, 2006
        Hi suresh which database do u want to upload to if it is oracle save ur
        excel as .csv file write a controll file and up load it.

        cheers,
        RaghuM

        --
        "Thus to be independent of public opinion is the first formal condition of
        achieving anything great" - G.W.F.Hegal .

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 22, 2006
          Suresh,

          You can load a CSV file into MySQL using the LOAD DATA INFILE:
          LOAD DATA INFILE 'data.txt' INTO TABLE table2 FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',';
          More on this from :
          http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/load-data.html
          <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/load-data.html>

          --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "sureshhatti001" <sureshhatti001@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > I have a problem regarding reading the excel file and uploaing it to
          > database.Can any one please help me in solvin my problem. Thanks in
          > advance.
          >
          > Regards
          > Suresh Hatti.

        • mailsyamk
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 22, 2006
            Use fgetcsv if you want to manually read it and seperate fields befor
            e adding to table

            Best,
            Syam
          • suresh hatti
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 22, 2006
              Thanks a lot guys this worked..

              Vinu Thomas <vinuthomas@...> wrote: Suresh,

              wrote:

              > Hi All,
              >
              > I have a problem regarding reading the excel file and uploaing it to
              > database.Can any one please help me in solvin my problem. Thanks in
              > advance.
              >
              > Regards
              > Suresh Hatti.

              Luv,
              Suri.

              "When God is with us who can be Against us"