PHP 5.2.0 Released
- The PHP team announced the release of PHP 5.2 last week. The new release
has quite a few new features, bug fixes and optimizations:
1. Input Filtering is inbuilt in PHP and enabled by default. A good
security feature to prevent XSS attacks.
2. ZIP extension for creating and editing zip files is newly introduced
in this version
3. Previously PHP scripts couldn't monitor the progress of file uploads.
This new version provides hooks for tracking file upload progress.
4. require_once and include_once have been optimized
5. Tons of optimization.
If you're looking for more reasons to shift, take a look at the
performance difference. Sebastian Bergmann has the benchmark results for
PHP 4.4.4, 5.0.5, 5.1.6, and 5.2. The results say it all.
PHP 5.2 Release Announcement <http://www.php.net/releases/5_2_0.php>
Download Link <http://www.php.net/downloads.php>
Changelog for PHP 5.2 <http://www.php.net/ChangeLog-5.php#5.2.0>
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]