prob with multiple entries

  • anushila_guha
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2006
      now I am required to design an interface which is more like a excel
      data entry form. What I mean is like for example if this is a grade
      sheet used by a teacher then she has to enter the grades for 10
      students(Not fixed 10 every time) and each student has multiple
      information fields like name, id, grade n so on . And once she hit a
      submit all the data goes to database.

      Now my question is that is it possible to enter this kind of multiple
      rows and multiple columns data into the database at one submit click
      where I even dont know how many rows would the user fill. I can
      although assign a maximum no. of rows which could be filled by user
      but not the minimum.
    • B S Reddy
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2006
        why dont you have a single FORM for all the "information fields" and then prompt the teacher to enter multiple times as we do not know how many times the data is entered.

        Also, we can accept multiple cell data by properly querying along with validating the presence of data in the cell before we post it into the database.

        Lot of other logical approaches can be there ... however, you may consider the above two approaches too ....