prblen with mail() function in php4.3.9

  • Vishwanath B
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2006
      hi ,

      i tried with
      ini_set('smtp_port','25');

      and also in my php.ini file the following lines are there..

      [mail function]
      ; For Win32 only.
      SMTP = localhost
      smtp_port = 25

      ; For Win32 only.
      ;sendmail_from = me@...

      the following warning message is displaying when i send an a mail....

      warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver ad "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set()

      can anybodyu help me....

      thanks...