Unable to send email using mail() function from localhost

  • B S Reddy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2006
      Hi All,

      I am trying to send emails using a sample submit form and executing it on the http://localhost. I am receiving the following error when I submit the form:

      Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for sdojobs@... in W:\www\Testing\testForm.php on line 39

      The above message clearly indicates that my SMTP Server is working fine. I have also searched on the web but am confused with various solutions. Please let me know if I need to change my "php.ini" file. It is currently configured as follows:

      [mail function]
      ; For Win32 only.
      SMTP = localhost
      smtp_port = 25

      ; For Win32 only.
      sendmail_from = sdojobs@...

      Please let me know if the above setting is correct. Also, please let me know if I need to change my "httpd.config" file.

      An additional info: I am using Windows XP with ApacheMySQLPhp :-) !!

      Thanks much for all your help in advance !!

      Regards,
      Subbu

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 17, 2006
        Subbu,

        It looks like relaying of switched off in your SMTP server. Which
        software are you using to run the SMTP server on windows? Most of them
        have an option to allow relays for domains you specify. Once that
        option is switched on, your problem should get sorted out.