help need in XML/PHP

  • Anees
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2006
      dear friends

      i was trying to read the data from a table and write that info into a XML file
      by using DOM object

      and i followed the steps in
      http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/dom.html

      but while executing it couldnt create a DOM object referance
      and coz of that i am getting an error

      Warning: domdocument() [function.domdocument]: Start tag expected, '<' not found in /home/fundookc/public_html/dev/extract_xml.php on line 30

      Fatal error: Call to undefined function: createelement() in /home/fundookc/public_html/dev/extract_xml.php on line 33

      friends plz help me

      if u find a better or an easy solution for creating an xml file from mysql databse, then plz give its details or links.

      Love
      Anees Muhammed
    • Kishore .S
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006
        Hi Anees,

        The following warning
        Warning: domdocument( ) [function.domdocument]: Start tag expected,
        '<' not found in /home/fundookc/ public_html/ dev/extract_ xml.php on
        line 30

        means that your XML document is does not exist or you don't have
        permissions to access the file

        However, for the next fatal error, it is difficult to figure out the
        problem without looking at the code fragment.

        My guess is that since DOMDocument object could not be properly
        created (due to inaccessible XML file), the method invoked on the
        Document Object is invalid

        Or you have called a function called createElement but not a method
        of a DOMDocument Object

        I hope this clarifies
        Else, I would need to see the code fragment (if possible) to figure
        out the problem

        - Kishore

        --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Anees <anees_muhd@...> wrote:

        > dear friends
        >
        > i was trying to read the data from a table and write that info into
        a XML file
        > by using DOM object
        >
        > and i followed the steps in
        > http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/dom.html
        >
        > but while executing it couldnt create a DOM object referance
        > and coz of that i am getting an error
        >

        > Warning: domdocument() [function.domdocument]: Start tag expected,
        '<' not found in /home/fundookc/public_html/dev/extract_xml.php on
        line 30

        > Fatal error: Call to undefined function: createelement() in
        /home/fundookc/public_html/dev/extract_xml.php on line 33

        > friends plz help me
        >
        > if u find a better or an easy solution for creating an xml file from
        mysql databse, then plz give its details or links.

        > Love
        > Anees Muhammed

      • Anees
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006
          Hi Kishore
          thanks for ur help..

          Now

          i need to get the details from two tables for creating one XML file..

          for that
          first i started by defining a DOMXML object

          $doc = domxml_new_doc('1.0');

          and i have one outertable query
          as

          $outer_table = 'main_category';
          $query = "SELECT * FROM $outer_table";
          $resouter = mysql_query($query, $mysql_connect);

          and when its first row is read
          its creating elements by

          $child = $doc->create_element($fieldname);
          $child = $outer->append_child($child);
          $value = $doc->create_text_node($fieldvalue);
          $value = $child->append_child($value);

          and

          i need to get some details from second table
          with its subcategid=maincategid

          to do this
          i need to get that particular field that alrady appended to the xml

          How i can.....

          i tried get_elements_by_id()
          but it returns only those elements that comes under it.
          Friends....
          Plz help

          "Kishore .S" <kishore_sainath@...> wrote:
          Hi Anees,

          The following warning
          Warning: domdocument( ) [function.domdocument]: Start tag expected,
          '<' not found in /home/fundookc/ public_html/ dev/extract_ xml.php on
          line 30

          means that your XML document is does not exist or you don't have
          permissions to access the file

          However, for the next fatal error, it is difficult to figure out the
          problem without looking at the code fragment.

          My guess is that since DOMDocument object could not be properly
          created (due to inaccessible XML file), the method invoked on the
          Document Object is invalid

          Or you have called a function called createElement but not a method
          of a DOMDocument Object

          I hope this clarifies
          Else, I would need to see the code fragment (if possible) to figure
          out the problem

          - Kishore

          --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Anees <anees_muhd@...> wrote:

          > dear friends
          >
          > i was trying to read the data from a table and write that info into
          a XML file
          > by using DOM object
          >
          > and i followed the steps in
          > http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/dom.html
          >
          > but while executing it couldnt create a DOM object referance
          > and coz of that i am getting an error
          >

          > Warning: domdocument() [function.domdocument]: Start tag expected,
          '<' not found in /home/fundookc/public_html/dev/extract_xml.php on
          line 30

          > Fatal error: Call to undefined function: createelement() in
          /home/fundookc/public_html/dev/extract_xml.php on line 33

          > friends plz help me
          >
          > if u find a better or an easy solution for creating an xml file from
          mysql databse, then plz give its details or links.

          > Love
          > Anees Muhammed

          Love
          Anees Muhammed