Re: [bang-phpug] Providing security to CMS sites

  • Abdul Munim Kazia
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 17, 2012
      Security isn't a one stop single solution you can install quickly. It is a
      long process which involves a list of good practices and methods.
      Custom apps developed in YII framework need to be very well planned in
      terms of security, and most of the other CMS's have a lot of security
      features built in the application code. Regardless of this, again, you need
      to follow some basic practices when it comes to hosting any website online.
      I suggest you go through security guidelines given by the documentation of
      the various CMS's and frameworks you use, and also read up about web
      security.
      To get started, look at the first answer here:
      http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/46716/what-should-every-programmer-know-about-web-development

      Abdul Munim Kazia

      On 17 July 2012 18:58, deepu <kumar_namburu@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hello All,
      >
      > Please suggest me the best practices to be followed in providing security
      > to my sites. I need to provide all types of security.
      >
      > We mostly develop sites in CMS (joomla, Wordpress, Drupal) , Magento and
      > using YII Framework.
      >
      > Thanks in Advance,
      > Kumar

    • amit sharma
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 17, 2012
        Follow the coding guidelines set by CMS/Framework you will be secure from
        most of the web vulnerabilities.

        Thanks
        Amit S
        http://www.tripGoat.com
        http://mobCurry.com

        On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 6:58 PM, deepu <kumar_namburu@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hello All,
        >
        > Please suggest me the best practices to be followed in providing security
        > to my sites. I need to provide all types of security.
        >
        > We mostly develop sites in CMS (joomla, Wordpress, Drupal) , Magento and
        > using YII Framework.
        >
        > Thanks in Advance,
        > Kumar

      • deepu kumar
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 17, 2012
          Thanks Abdul. thanks for sharing such a great link.Looking forward for more information.

          Thanks & Regards,
          Kumar.

        • listmail@shoan.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 20, 2012

            On 17.07.2012 18:58, deepu wrote:
            > Please suggest me the best practices to be followed in providing
            > security to my sites. I need to provide all types of security.

            I would recommend reading www.owasp.org for the most current
            information.

            Peace,
            Shoan.