Providing security to CMS sites

  • deepu
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 17, 2012
      Hello All,

      Please suggest me the best practices to be followed in providing security to my sites. I need to provide all types of security.

      We mostly develop sites in CMS (joomla, Wordpress, Drupal) , Magento and using YII Framework.

      Thanks in Advance,
      Kumar
    • Abdul Munim Kazia
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 17, 2012
        Security isn't a one stop single solution you can install quickly. It is a
        long process which involves a list of good practices and methods.
        Custom apps developed in YII framework need to be very well planned in
        terms of security, and most of the other CMS's have a lot of security
        features built in the application code. Regardless of this, again, you need
        to follow some basic practices when it comes to hosting any website online.
        I suggest you go through security guidelines given by the documentation of
        the various CMS's and frameworks you use, and also read up about web
        security.
        To get started, look at the first answer here:
        http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/46716/what-should-every-programmer-know-about-web-development

        Abdul Munim Kazia

        On 17 July 2012 18:58, deepu <kumar_namburu@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hello All,
        >
        > Please suggest me the best practices to be followed in providing security
        > to my sites. I need to provide all types of security.
        >
        > We mostly develop sites in CMS (joomla, Wordpress, Drupal) , Magento and
        > using YII Framework.
        >
        > Thanks in Advance,
        > Kumar

      • amit sharma
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 17, 2012
          Follow the coding guidelines set by CMS/Framework you will be secure from
          most of the web vulnerabilities.

          Thanks
          Amit S
          http://www.tripGoat.com
          http://mobCurry.com

          On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 6:58 PM, deepu <kumar_namburu@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hello All,
          >
          > Please suggest me the best practices to be followed in providing security
          > to my sites. I need to provide all types of security.
          >
          > We mostly develop sites in CMS (joomla, Wordpress, Drupal) , Magento and
          > using YII Framework.
          >
          > Thanks in Advance,
          > Kumar

        • deepu kumar
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 17, 2012
            Thanks Abdul. thanks for sharing such a great link.Looking forward for more information.

            Thanks & Regards,
            Kumar.

          • listmail@shoan.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 20, 2012

              On 17.07.2012 18:58, deepu wrote:
              > Please suggest me the best practices to be followed in providing
              > security to my sites. I need to provide all types of security.

              I would recommend reading www.owasp.org for the most current
              information.

              Peace,
              Shoan.