Re: [bang-phpug] Wordpress database is connected on Local Pc but Does not Connects on Web Server.

  • Abdul Munim Kazia
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 9, 2012
      Have you hosted the database on an online database server, and changed
      the database connection settings in wp-config.php?
      Try to connect to the online database using the MySQL command line and
      see if it connects.

    • imran.javed1@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 9, 2012
        Thank you for reply, yes. I did upload it online and double check the credentials. I did not check it with MySql command line. As you can see , I am talking about WordPress Database Connectivity.

        I did not ever tried to connect the database through MySql Command line. If you please help to do that I will grateful to you.

        Regards,

        Imran

      • imran.javed1@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 9, 2012
          May I have your Skype id.

          imran.javed11 is my Skype id.

          Regards,

          Imran

          --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Abdul Munim Kazia <munim2020@...> wrote:

          > Have you hosted the database on an online database server, and changed
          > the database connection settings in wp-config.php?
          > Try to connect to the online database using the MySQL command line and
          > see if it connects.
          >
          > On 09-Apr-12 7:49 PM, imran.javed1@... wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello guys,
          > >
          > > Hope you will all be fine.
          > >
          > > Today, I am experiencing an extremely strange problem with WordPress
          > > database connectivity.
          > >
          > > I have done a small project in WordPress, That is awesome on local PC.
          > > But as I uploaded that project on my client web server It gives me an
          > > Error "Cannot Connect Database". It is usually appears when one of
          > > four parameter is missed or wrong. Those four parameters are as follow:
          > >
          > > 1 Database Name:
          > > 2 Database UserName:
          > > 3 Database Password:
          > > 4 Host
          > >
          > > I have defined appropriate credentials into wp-config.php file. But I
          > > am still facing this error.
          > > Please anyone of you, who had faced same situation and got the
          > > solution. Please suggest me the way out.
          > >
          > > I will be grateful,
          > >
          > > Best regards,
          > >
          > > Imran Javed

        • Zubin Saigal
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 9, 2012
            Would be a good idea to check with your hosting company.

            > Have you hosted the database on an online database server, and changed
            > the database connection settings in wp-config.php?
            > Try to connect to the online database using the MySQL command line and
            > see if it connects.
            >
            > On 09-Apr-12 7:49 PM, imran.javed1@... wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello guys,
            > >
            > > Hope you will all be fine.
            > >
            > > Today, I am experiencing an extremely strange problem with WordPress
            > > database connectivity.
            > >
            > > I have done a small project in WordPress, That is awesome on local PC.
            > > But as I uploaded that project on my client web server It gives me an
            > > Error "Cannot Connect Database". It is usually appears when one of
            > > four parameter is missed or wrong. Those four parameters are as follow:
            > >
            > > 1 Database Name:
            > > 2 Database UserName:
            > > 3 Database Password:
            > > 4 Host
            > >
            > > I have defined appropriate credentials into wp-config.php file. But I
            > > am still facing this error.
            > > Please anyone of you, who had faced same situation and got the
            > > solution. Please suggest me the way out.
            > >
            > > I will be grateful,
            > >
            > > Best regards,
            > >
            > > Imran Javed

          • Rahul Prasad
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 14, 2012
              Dont forget to inform what was the problem once you manage to fix it. [?]

              Regards,
              Rahul Prasad
              Web: www.rahulprasad.com
              Mo: +91 94800 53560
              Blog: www.blog.rahulprasad.com

            • imran.javed1@ymail.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 15, 2012
                Thank you Rahul for taking interest in my query.

                Actually, everything parameter was defined appropriately for wp-config.php but I could not understand why the error was displaying.

                I could not find any solution for that error.

                Thanks,

                Imrran

                --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Rahul Prasad <rahul.pache@...> wrote:

                > Dont forget to inform what was the problem once you manage to fix it. [?]
                >

                > Regards,
                > Rahul Prasad
                > Web: www.rahulprasad.com
                > Mo: +91 94800 53560
                > Blog: www.blog.rahulprasad.com
                >

                > On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 10:05 PM, Zubin Saigal <zubin@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > Would be a good idea to check with your hosting company.

              • Imran
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 1, 2012
                  Hello Javed,
                  Please Check your Host name.
                  in your Local that is localhost,
                  so go in the phpmyadmin of your server and see the host name.