Wordpress database is connected on Local Pc but Does not Connects on Web Server.

  • imran.javed1@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 9, 2012
      Hello guys,

      Hope you will all be fine.

      Today, I am experiencing an extremely strange problem with WordPress database connectivity.

      I have done a small project in WordPress, That is awesome on local PC. But as I uploaded that project on my client web server It gives me an Error "Cannot Connect Database". It is usually appears when one of four parameter is missed or wrong. Those four parameters are as follow:

      1 Database Name:
      2 Database UserName:
      3 Database Password:
      4 Host

      I have defined appropriate credentials into wp-config.php file. But I am still facing this error.
      Please anyone of you, who had faced same situation and got the solution. Please suggest me the way out.

      I will be grateful,

      Best regards,

      Imran Javed
    • Abdul Munim Kazia
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 9, 2012
        Have you hosted the database on an online database server, and changed
        the database connection settings in wp-config.php?
        Try to connect to the online database using the MySQL command line and
        see if it connects.

      • imran.javed1@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 9, 2012
          Thank you for reply, yes. I did upload it online and double check the credentials. I did not check it with MySql command line. As you can see , I am talking about WordPress Database Connectivity.

          I did not ever tried to connect the database through MySql Command line. If you please help to do that I will grateful to you.

          Regards,

          Imran

        • imran.javed1@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 9, 2012
            May I have your Skype id.

            imran.javed11 is my Skype id.

            Regards,

            Imran

            --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Abdul Munim Kazia <munim2020@...> wrote:

            > Have you hosted the database on an online database server, and changed
            > the database connection settings in wp-config.php?
            > Try to connect to the online database using the MySQL command line and
            > see if it connects.
            >
            > On 09-Apr-12 7:49 PM, imran.javed1@... wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello guys,
            > >
            > > Hope you will all be fine.
            > >
            > > Today, I am experiencing an extremely strange problem with WordPress
            > > database connectivity.
            > >
            > > I have done a small project in WordPress, That is awesome on local PC.
            > > But as I uploaded that project on my client web server It gives me an
            > > Error "Cannot Connect Database". It is usually appears when one of
            > > four parameter is missed or wrong. Those four parameters are as follow:
            > >
            > > 1 Database Name:
            > > 2 Database UserName:
            > > 3 Database Password:
            > > 4 Host
            > >
            > > I have defined appropriate credentials into wp-config.php file. But I
            > > am still facing this error.
            > > Please anyone of you, who had faced same situation and got the
            > > solution. Please suggest me the way out.
            > >
            > > I will be grateful,
            > >
            > > Best regards,
            > >
            > > Imran Javed

          • Zubin Saigal
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 9, 2012
              Would be a good idea to check with your hosting company.

              > Have you hosted the database on an online database server, and changed
              > the database connection settings in wp-config.php?
              > Try to connect to the online database using the MySQL command line and
              > see if it connects.
              >
              > On 09-Apr-12 7:49 PM, imran.javed1@... wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello guys,
              > >
              > > Hope you will all be fine.
              > >
              > > Today, I am experiencing an extremely strange problem with WordPress
              > > database connectivity.
              > >
              > > I have done a small project in WordPress, That is awesome on local PC.
              > > But as I uploaded that project on my client web server It gives me an
              > > Error "Cannot Connect Database". It is usually appears when one of
              > > four parameter is missed or wrong. Those four parameters are as follow:
              > >
              > > 1 Database Name:
              > > 2 Database UserName:
              > > 3 Database Password:
              > > 4 Host
              > >
              > > I have defined appropriate credentials into wp-config.php file. But I
              > > am still facing this error.
              > > Please anyone of you, who had faced same situation and got the
              > > solution. Please suggest me the way out.
              > >
              > > I will be grateful,
              > >
              > > Best regards,
              > >
              > > Imran Javed

            • Rahul Prasad
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 14, 2012
                Dont forget to inform what was the problem once you manage to fix it. [?]

                Regards,
                Rahul Prasad
                Web: www.rahulprasad.com
                Mo: +91 94800 53560
                Blog: www.blog.rahulprasad.com

              • imran.javed1@ymail.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 15, 2012
                  Thank you Rahul for taking interest in my query.

                  Actually, everything parameter was defined appropriately for wp-config.php but I could not understand why the error was displaying.

                  I could not find any solution for that error.

                  Thanks,

                  Imrran

                  --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Rahul Prasad <rahul.pache@...> wrote:

                  > Dont forget to inform what was the problem once you manage to fix it. [?]
                  >

                  > Regards,
                  > Rahul Prasad
                  > Web: www.rahulprasad.com
                  > Mo: +91 94800 53560
                  > Blog: www.blog.rahulprasad.com
                  >

                  > On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 10:05 PM, Zubin Saigal <zubin@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > Would be a good idea to check with your hosting company.

                • Imran
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 1, 2012
                    Hello Javed,
                    Please Check your Host name.
                    in your Local that is localhost,
                    so go in the phpmyadmin of your server and see the host name.