php code is not executing

  • Vishwanath B
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 16, 2006
      hi all,

      i am using Apache 2.0,Mysql 4.1 and php 4.3.9 in windows XP.
      I have written a php program embedded with html...
      but only html code is executing ..php code is not executing..
      can anybody tell me what i have to do...
      thanks...

    • ansar ansar
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 18, 2006
        Hi Vishwanath,

        Is the file saved as .php... If so can you paste the code so that it will be easy for us to know whats wrong.

        Regards,
        Ansar Ahmed

        Vishwanath B <vishwanath_cse@...> wrote: hi all,

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 18, 2006
          hi all,
          ya i saved the file with .php extension only(in web directory)...
          even a single program like printing text using echo is not executing..
          tell me asap..
          thanks...
          ansar ansar <ansarahmed_8@...> wrote: Hi Vishwanath,

          Is the file saved as .php... If so can you paste the code so that it will be easy for us to know whats wrong.

          Regards,
          Ansar Ahmed

          Vishwanath B <vishwanath_cse@...> wrote: hi all,

          i am using Apache 2.0,Mysql 4.1 and php 4.3.9 in windows XP.
          I have written a php program embedded with html...
          but only html code is executing ..php code is not executing..
          can anybody tell me what i have to do...
          thanks...

        • bhavna patel

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 22, 2006
              hi....
              i have written the code in the following way...
              <?
              echo "hi";
              ?>
              and also i tried with
              <?php
              echo "hi";
              ?>
              i tried with these simple example...but the output is blank page...

              bhavna patel <bhavna_coolinus@...> wrote: Hi Vishwanath

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 22, 2006
                Vishwanath,

                It looks like the php module for apache is not installed properly.
                Look in http.conf to see if there's a line which reads like follows:
                LoadModule php4_module "c:/php/php4apache.dll
                LoadModule php5_module "c:/php5/php5apache2.dll"
                (the paths to the dll files may vary)
                If there's no line which loads the PHP module, it means that Apache
                doesn't load the PHP module when starting up, and won't intepret PHP
                code.

                On 9/22/06, Vishwanath B <vishwanath_cse@...> wrote:

                > hi....
                > i have written the code in the following way...
                > <?
                > echo "hi";
                > ?>
                > and also i tried with
                > <?php
                > echo "hi";
                > ?>
                > i tried with these simple example...but the output is blank page...
                >
                > bhavna patel <bhavna_coolinus@...> wrote: Hi Vishwanath
                > Which php tag you are using check with <?php instead of <?.... or pate your php code here so that we can know the porb...
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Bhavna

              • Vishwanath B
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 22, 2006
                  hi
                  yes in http.conf the foolwoing line is there..
                  LoadModule php4_module "c:/php/php4apache.dll
                  and the server is running...properly...
                  thanks..

                  Vinu Thomas <vinuthomas@...> wrote: Vishwanath,

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 23, 2006
                    Vishwanath,

                    Could you send across your httpd.conf file and php.ini file so we can
                    take a look at it to see what's going wrong?