Scaling PHP in the Cloud

  • Vivek Rp
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2011
      Scaling PHP in the Cloud is a one day conference on the challenges of
      scaling up from a single-server to multi-server software development
      model. It is an event for hands-on programmers, with sessions conducted
      by other programmers on how they do it. Our leading sessions are from
      Flipkart on how they write and deploy software on the hundreds of
      machines that power their e-commerce website; Zynga on their use of
      Membase; MobStac on how you can use Amazon EC2 to scale; and a number of
      other notable developers from the community.

      The event is on July 9 at Dharmaram College, Christ University Campus,
      Dairy Circle, Bangalore.

      Event website: http://phpcloud.hasgeek.in/ <http://phpcloud.hasgeek.in/>
      Session proposals: http://funnel.hasgeek.in/phpcloud/
      <http://funnel.hasgeek.in/phpcloud/>
      Tickets: http://phpcloud.doattend.com/ <http://phpcloud.doattend.com/>

      Tickets are Rs 800 online and Rs 900 at venue. Early bird pricing has
      expired, but you can still get tickets at a lower price if you team up
      with your friends and buy together (3 or more tickets; even lower with
      6+).

      We are a participant-supported event, by developers, for developers,
      with no sponsor interference. Your ticket money makes this possible. At
      this event, you get to choose the sessions you want. The schedule was
      made on the basis of sessions voted up by the community, and we've still
      got a few spots open for anyone who wants to come up and speak.

      Part of the ticket price goes to the cost of spreading word about the
      event. If you can help by telling your friends and buying your ticket
      with them, we'll give you your money back.