Re: How to remove index.php from the URL in codeigniter

  • Shweta
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13, 2011
      To do this just follows the following steps:
      1. Open config.php from system/application/config directory and
      replace
      $config['index_page'] = "index.php" by
      $config['index_page'] = ""
      2. Create a ".htaccess" file in the root of CodeIgniter
      directory (where the system directory resides), open the file using your
      favorite text editor, write down the following script and save it:
      RewriteEngine on
      RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|resources|robots\.txt)
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
      RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [L,QSA]

      3. In some case the default setting for uri_protocol does not work
      properly. To solve this problem just replace
      $config['uri_protocol'] = "AUTO" by
      $config['uri_protocol'] = "REQUEST_URI" from
      system/application/config/config.php

      --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "Arockiaraj" <askeerthan@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I am new to Codeigniter. I want to remove index.php from the URL.
      >
      > I tried in many ways , but i can't.
      >
      > Now i am using xampp 1.6.7
      >
      > Plz tell me step by step to achieve this.
      >
      > Thanks in Advance
      >

      > Regards,
      > Arockia Raj

    • shreekar.shetty