Re: [bang-phpug] How to remove index.php from the URL in codeigniter

  • Mayank chandan
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13, 2011
      Use SEO friendly urls if there are any or simply rewrite the url using URL
      rewriting in apache.

      On 11 April 2011 15:48, Arockiaraj <askeerthan@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I am new to Codeigniter. I want to remove index.php from the URL.
      >
      > I tried in many ways , but i can't.
      >
      > Now i am using xampp 1.6.7
      >
      > Plz tell me step by step to achieve this.
      >
      > Thanks in Advance
      >
      > Regards,
      > Arockia Raj

    • Abdul Munim Kazia
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 13, 2011
        You'll need to use apache mod_rewrite in htacess.. It's documented here:
        http://codeigniter.com/wiki/mod_rewrite/

        --
        Abdul Munim Kazia
        mail@...

      • Shweta
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 13, 2011
          To do this just follows the following steps:
          1. Open config.php from system/application/config directory and
          replace
          $config['index_page'] = "index.php" by
          $config['index_page'] = ""
          2. Create a ".htaccess" file in the root of CodeIgniter
          directory (where the system directory resides), open the file using your
          favorite text editor, write down the following script and save it:
          RewriteEngine on
          RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|resources|robots\.txt)
          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
          RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [L,QSA]

          3. In some case the default setting for uri_protocol does not work
          properly. To solve this problem just replace
          $config['uri_protocol'] = "AUTO" by
          $config['uri_protocol'] = "REQUEST_URI" from
          system/application/config/config.php

          --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "Arockiaraj" <askeerthan@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I am new to Codeigniter. I want to remove index.php from the URL.
          >
          > I tried in many ways , but i can't.
          >
          > Now i am using xampp 1.6.7
          >
          > Plz tell me step by step to achieve this.
          >
          > Thanks in Advance
          >

          > Regards,
          > Arockia Raj

        • shreekar.shetty