Re: [bang-phpug] 408 Error

  • Abdul Munim Kazia
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 23, 2010
      You have to increase the Request timeout in your webserver. This may not be
      possible if you are working on a shared host.
      If you are using Apache, you have to add a TimeOut directive to either your
      server or your virtualhost configuration
      http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#timeout

      --
      Abdul Munim Kazia
      mail@...

    • Abdul Munim Kazia
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 23, 2010
        Guys.
        This is not about php's maximum script execution time. This is about the
        server's request timeout limit. The first limits the amount of time php can
        take in executing a script, the second limits the amount of time the server
        waits for breaking a request if the response has not completed. Do not
        confuse between the two.
        Even if php's execution time is high enough and the server request timeout
        is low, the execution will still fail.

        On 23 December 2010 22:55, Sudheer Satyanarayana <sudheer@...>wrote:

        > On 12/23/2010 08:00 PM, ravi wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi all,
        > >
        > > I have a mass mailing php module which sends out 200 mails per execution.
        > >
        > > In each iteration, I'm sending mail -> updating tables in db ->
        > > sleeping for 6 sec -> continue;
        > >
        > > When i tried to run this script on live server, i got this error:
        > >
        > > 408 Request Time-out
        > > This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server.
        > > If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this
        > > web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.
        > >
        > > Can anyone help me figure out where could be the issue?
        > >
        > Hi Ravi,
        >
        > Refer to
        > http://www.php.net/manual/en/info.configuration.php#ini.max-execution-time
        >
        > The server administer might have set this to a low value. Additionally,
        > the timeout might also be set in the web server as described in the manual.
        >
        > Therefore, you have to contact your server administrator to increase
        > this time.
        >
        > --
        > With warm regards,
        > Sudheer. S
        > Personal home page - http://sudheer.net | Tech Chorus -
        > http://techchorus.net
        > Web and IT services - http://binaryvibes.co.in

        Abdul Munim Kazia
        mail@...

      • ravi
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 24, 2010
          Thank you everyone for quick response :)
          I'll check with my hosting provider about this issue.

          Regards,
          Ravi