Data caching issue

  • Ravindra Harige
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2010

      I'm facing an unexpected issue of data caching and don't know where could be
      the issue and how to go about fixing it.The issue is-

      Php script is unable to show the updated records in mysql database. Its
      caching the records of db as retrieved in first execution of script and
      showing the same set of records even after updating(and truncating) the
      database table.

      More specific details are illustrated below with my actual eg-
      I'm having a simple php scripts which fetches records from a mysql db table
      (using select * from abc) and prints out the values.
      the file is hosted at a live webserver for which i have ftp access.
      To begin with, say if i have 10 records and execute the script , im getting
      the correct records. But the problem is when i update the database with new
      records.
      say i added 5 more records and run the script, then i suppose to see the
      total 15 records but m seeing the the same output as i used to get before
      update. i.e , updated data is not being retrieved by script.

      I tried clearing browser cache, checked in different browser also but
      nothing helped. I also made sure that data is committed in db by running raw
      sql select query on live server db.
      Just to trouble shoot i changed the file name of the php script on server
      and tried executing it. this thing worked at the first time. but again when
      i updated db and tried executing script it didn't work.

      I'm not sure where the data is cached and why it is unable to show the
      updated content on the server database.

      I'd really appreciate any help on this issue.

      Thanks,
      Ravi

    • Prashanth
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2010
        Hello Ravi,

        Try the script in your localhost. If it works fine, the caching may be
        at the live server end.

        If you have further doubts, please send the php file to me and I shall
        test it at my end.

        Thank you!

        --
        Prashanth.