Re: [bang-phpug] How to track Email

    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2006
      On 5/31/06, maq sood <maq005@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      > Wanted to know how to track weather the email has been viewed by the
      > person whome we have sent the mail... in php.

      You can check mail opens in HTML mails by embeding an transparent gif in the
      mail. You can create a php program to generate the gif image to the
      displayed in the mail. When that php script is called, you first log the
      view to your database and then send the transparent gif to the mail client.

      This method is not fool-proof since most email clients don't display images
      by default any more.

      Useful Link:
      http://www.e-consultancy.com/forum/102005-tracking-email-opens.html