Re: [bang-phpug] playing video in a web browser

  • Prashanth HN
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 16, 2010
      You can make use of HTML5 <video> tag, but Internet Explorer still don't
      have support for it.

      http://www.w3schools.com/html5/tag_video.asp

      Regards,
      Prashanth

      [image: Prashanth_HN - Signature 1Click Giza Card] <http://hnprashanth.com>

      On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 10:11 AM, vijaya lakshmi <
      vijayalakshmi6jun@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > Image is added to the browser using the img src tag,
      >
      > I want to play the video(mpeg,wmv,mp4,.................)
      > file in the browser(not a flash file) with a fixed width and
      > height................
      >
      > Will have to install some plugins/ write a javascript,
      >
      > Can some one please guide me with an example or refer me to some site for
      > an
      > example code. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      >
      > --
      > Thanks & Regards
      > Vijayalakshmi

    • munim2020
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 16, 2010
        Apart from the upcoming html5, you can only use flash to embed video in a
        page.
        Refer this site to learn more about html5 video:
        http://diveintohtml5.org/video.html

        On 17 June 2010 10:11, vijaya lakshmi <vijayalakshmi6jun@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > Image is added to the browser using the img src tag,
        >
        > I want to play the video(mpeg,wmv,mp4,.................)
        > file in the browser(not a flash file) with a fixed width and
        > height................
        >
        > Will have to install some plugins/ write a javascript,
        >
        > Can some one please guide me with an example or refer me to some site for
        > an
        > example code. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
        >
        > --
        > Thanks & Regards
        > Vijayalakshmi

        Abdul Munim Kazia
        mail@...

      • vijaya lakshmi
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 17, 2010
          Hi,
          Thanks for all

          I got the solution

          Will have to use embed tag,

          <EMBED SRC="videos/wildlife.wmv"
          AUTOSTART=FALSE
          LOOP=FALSE
          CONTROLS=PLAYBUTTON
          WIDTH=440
          HEIGHT=320
          MASTERSOUND
          NAME="90210">
          </EMBED>

          Will have to install a plugin for this, its working fine in firefox,

          but do we have something which supports all video formats supporting in all
          browser's

          On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 10:46 AM, munim2020 <munim2020@...> wrote:

          > Apart from the upcoming html5, you can only use flash to embed video in a
          > page.
          > Refer this site to learn more about html5 video:
          > http://diveintohtml5.org/video.html
          >

          > On 17 June 2010 10:11, vijaya lakshmi <vijayalakshmi6jun@...<vijayalakshmi6jun%40gmail.com>>
          > wrote:
          >

          > > Hi,
          > > Image is added to the browser using the img src tag,
          > >
          > > I want to play the video(mpeg,wmv,mp4,.................)
          > > file in the browser(not a flash file) with a fixed width and
          > > height................
          > >
          > > Will have to install some plugins/ write a javascript,
          > >
          > > Can some one please guide me with an example or refer me to some site for
          > > an
          > > example code. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
          > >
          > > --
          > > Thanks & Regards
          > > Vijayalakshmi

          > Abdul Munim Kazia