playing video in a web browser

  • vijaya lakshmi
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 16, 2010
      Image is added to the browser using the img src tag,

      I want to play the video(mpeg,wmv,mp4,.................)
      file in the browser(not a flash file) with a fixed width and
      height................

      Will have to install some plugins/ write a javascript,

      Can some one please guide me with an example or refer me to some site for an
      example code. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

      --
      Thanks & Regards
      Vijayalakshmi

    • Prashanth HN
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 16, 2010
        You can make use of HTML5 <video> tag, but Internet Explorer still don't
        have support for it.

        http://www.w3schools.com/html5/tag_video.asp

        Regards,
        Prashanth

        [image: Prashanth_HN - Signature 1Click Giza Card] <http://hnprashanth.com>

        On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 10:11 AM, vijaya lakshmi <
        vijayalakshmi6jun@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > Image is added to the browser using the img src tag,
        >
        > I want to play the video(mpeg,wmv,mp4,.................)
        > file in the browser(not a flash file) with a fixed width and
        > height................
        >
        > Will have to install some plugins/ write a javascript,
        >
        > Can some one please guide me with an example or refer me to some site for
        > an
        > example code. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
        >
        > --
        > Thanks & Regards
        > Vijayalakshmi

      • munim2020
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 16, 2010
          Apart from the upcoming html5, you can only use flash to embed video in a
          page.
          Refer this site to learn more about html5 video:
          http://diveintohtml5.org/video.html

          On 17 June 2010 10:11, vijaya lakshmi <vijayalakshmi6jun@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          > Image is added to the browser using the img src tag,
          >
          > I want to play the video(mpeg,wmv,mp4,.................)
          > file in the browser(not a flash file) with a fixed width and
          > height................
          >
          > Will have to install some plugins/ write a javascript,
          >
          > Can some one please guide me with an example or refer me to some site for
          > an
          > example code. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
          >
          > --
          > Thanks & Regards
          > Vijayalakshmi

          Abdul Munim Kazia
          mail@...

        • vijaya lakshmi
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 17, 2010
            Thanks for all

            I got the solution

            Will have to use embed tag,

            <EMBED SRC="videos/wildlife.wmv"
            AUTOSTART=FALSE
            LOOP=FALSE
            CONTROLS=PLAYBUTTON
            WIDTH=440
            HEIGHT=320
            MASTERSOUND
            NAME="90210">
            </EMBED>

            Will have to install a plugin for this, its working fine in firefox,

            but do we have something which supports all video formats supporting in all
            browser's

            On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 10:46 AM, munim2020 <munim2020@...> wrote:

            > Apart from the upcoming html5, you can only use flash to embed video in a
            > page.
            > Refer this site to learn more about html5 video:
            > http://diveintohtml5.org/video.html
            >

            > On 17 June 2010 10:11, vijaya lakshmi <vijayalakshmi6jun@...<vijayalakshmi6jun%40gmail.com>>
            > wrote:
            >

            > > Hi,
            > > Image is added to the browser using the img src tag,
            > >
            > > I want to play the video(mpeg,wmv,mp4,.................)
            > > file in the browser(not a flash file) with a fixed width and
            > > height................
            > >
            > > Will have to install some plugins/ write a javascript,
            > >
            > > Can some one please guide me with an example or refer me to some site for
            > > an
            > > example code. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
            > >
            > > --
            > > Thanks & Regards
            > > Vijayalakshmi

            > Abdul Munim Kazia