Re: [bang-phpug] Email using PHP

  • Chaitanya Yanamadala
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2010
      Hai

      try using the phpmailer for this purpose.. this will do the all required
      thing..
      I want to send all those reminder emails to users with admin@abc(dot)com as
      sender , how to achieve that?--for this u can do that not any issue depends
      on how you are sending the mail.if u are using an smtp server for this
      purpose then u can do it with easy if the smtp server doesnot require any
      autentication. if u are trying to use the send mail option then u test it
      out by urself,

      for the cron issue u can do one more thing.try this
      www(dot)phpjobscheduler(dot)co(dot)uk
      note that i didnt tested it though..

      i have a script that would do the same but there are some changes for your
      requirements. if u require one just contact me back.i ll be happy doing
      that..

      Regards
      Chaitanya

      On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 7:56 PM, dr_freako <ravindra.harige@...>wrote:

      > Hi All,
      > I have a website hosted at say, abc.com and I have database of registered
      > users with their email id.
      > Now I want to run a logic and get a subset of the users, and send them an
      > email once a month. Something similar to reminder mail.
      > As I see, this task is divided in three sub modules-
      > 1. A PHP script with a logic which will get me that subset of users
      >
      > 2. A sendmail($email_id) kind of function which will do the work of sending
      > mail to given address
      >
      > 3. A way to schedule the execution of PHP script (of module#1) and sendmail
      > function, so that email would be sent once in a month automatically
      >
      > I have module#1 ready but I am stuck with module #2 and #3.
      > I am new to doing mail stuff using PHP, I want to know
      > - what all things/settings I should be knowing to do send mail coding in
      > PHP
      >
      > - I want to send all those reminder emails to users with admin@...<admin%40abc.com>as sender , how to achieve that?
      >
      > - Any pointers to start off with this would be of great help
      >
      > When I search on how to go about implementing module#3, I found that CRON
      > is preferred way to implement scheduling. But I enquired to my hosting
      > provider and got to know that It is not accessible to me. So please let me
      > know any other alternate ways to implement the scheduling of a PHP script.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Ravi

    • vijaya lakshmi
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2010
        http://lehardy.mirrors.phpclasses.org/

        search in this site,

        its a good site for php classes.

        wish you good luck

        On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Chaitanya Yanamadala <
        dr.virus.india@...> wrote:

        > Hai
        >
        > try using the phpmailer for this purpose.. this will do the all required
        > thing..
        > I want to send all those reminder emails to users with admin@abc(dot)com
        > as
        > sender , how to achieve that?--for this u can do that not any issue depends
        > on how you are sending the mail.if u are using an smtp server for this
        > purpose then u can do it with easy if the smtp server doesnot require any
        > autentication. if u are trying to use the send mail option then u test it
        > out by urself,
        >
        > for the cron issue u can do one more thing.try this
        > www(dot)phpjobscheduler(dot)co(dot)uk
        > note that i didnt tested it though..
        >
        > i have a script that would do the same but there are some changes for your
        > requirements. if u require one just contact me back.i ll be happy doing
        > that..
        >
        > Regards
        > Chaitanya
        >
        > On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 7:56 PM, dr_freako <ravindra.harige@...<ravindra.harige%40gmail.com>
        > >wrote:
        >

        > > Hi All,
        > > I have a website hosted at say, abc.com and I have database of
        > registered
        > > users with their email id.
        > > Now I want to run a logic and get a subset of the users, and send them an
        > > email once a month. Something similar to reminder mail.
        > > As I see, this task is divided in three sub modules-
        > > 1. A PHP script with a logic which will get me that subset of users
        > >
        > > 2. A sendmail($email_id) kind of function which will do the work of
        > sending
        > > mail to given address
        > >
        > > 3. A way to schedule the execution of PHP script (of module#1) and
        > sendmail
        > > function, so that email would be sent once in a month automatically
        > >
        > > I have module#1 ready but I am stuck with module #2 and #3.
        > > I am new to doing mail stuff using PHP, I want to know
        > > - what all things/settings I should be knowing to do send mail coding in
        > > PHP
        > >
        > > - I want to send all those reminder emails to users with admin@...<admin%40abc.com>
        > <admin%40abc.com>as sender , how to achieve that?
        >

        > > - Any pointers to start off with this would be of great help
        > >
        > > When I search on how to go about implementing module#3, I found that CRON
        > > is preferred way to implement scheduling. But I enquired to my hosting
        > > provider and got to know that It is not accessible to me. So please let
        > me
        > > know any other alternate ways to implement the scheduling of a PHP
        > script.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Ravi

        Thanks & Regards