Re: [bang-phpug] Email using PHP

  • Hari KT
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2010
      Hi ,

      You can use the swiftmailer class for sending mails .

      The other one is your server may not support to send a huge number of mails a day ( I think godaddy limits to 250 ) , so in your query you may want to limit it. Here you want to set a flag to the mails that are going to be send . Swiftmailer tells the mails that are failed etc .

      For the automatic job , you can set it with cron. Cron is simple not much . Just google these .... you will defnitely get a bunch of ideas . If you have some amount to pay go for something like mailchimp etc :) . So your server will never be black listed if its going to spam :) .

      Hari K T

      http://harikt.com/

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 28, 2010
        Hai

        try using the phpmailer for this purpose.. this will do the all required
        thing..
        I want to send all those reminder emails to users with admin@abc(dot)com as
        sender , how to achieve that?--for this u can do that not any issue depends
        on how you are sending the mail.if u are using an smtp server for this
        purpose then u can do it with easy if the smtp server doesnot require any
        autentication. if u are trying to use the send mail option then u test it
        out by urself,

        for the cron issue u can do one more thing.try this
        www(dot)phpjobscheduler(dot)co(dot)uk
        note that i didnt tested it though..

        i have a script that would do the same but there are some changes for your
        requirements. if u require one just contact me back.i ll be happy doing
        that..

        Regards
        Chaitanya

        On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 7:56 PM, dr_freako <ravindra.harige@...>wrote:

        > Hi All,
        > I have a website hosted at say, abc.com and I have database of registered
        > users with their email id.
        > Now I want to run a logic and get a subset of the users, and send them an
        > email once a month. Something similar to reminder mail.
        > As I see, this task is divided in three sub modules-
        > 1. A PHP script with a logic which will get me that subset of users
        >
        > 2. A sendmail($email_id) kind of function which will do the work of sending
        > mail to given address
        >
        > 3. A way to schedule the execution of PHP script (of module#1) and sendmail
        > function, so that email would be sent once in a month automatically
        >
        > I have module#1 ready but I am stuck with module #2 and #3.
        > I am new to doing mail stuff using PHP, I want to know
        > - what all things/settings I should be knowing to do send mail coding in
        > PHP
        >
        > - I want to send all those reminder emails to users with admin@...<admin%40abc.com>as sender , how to achieve that?
        >
        > - Any pointers to start off with this would be of great help
        >
        > When I search on how to go about implementing module#3, I found that CRON
        > is preferred way to implement scheduling. But I enquired to my hosting
        > provider and got to know that It is not accessible to me. So please let me
        > know any other alternate ways to implement the scheduling of a PHP script.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Ravi

      • vijaya lakshmi
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2010
          http://lehardy.mirrors.phpclasses.org/

          search in this site,

          its a good site for php classes.

          wish you good luck

          On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Chaitanya Yanamadala <
          dr.virus.india@...> wrote:

          > Hai
          >
          > try using the phpmailer for this purpose.. this will do the all required
          > thing..
          > I want to send all those reminder emails to users with admin@abc(dot)com
          > as
          > sender , how to achieve that?--for this u can do that not any issue depends
          > on how you are sending the mail.if u are using an smtp server for this
          > purpose then u can do it with easy if the smtp server doesnot require any
          > autentication. if u are trying to use the send mail option then u test it
          > out by urself,
          >
          > for the cron issue u can do one more thing.try this
          > www(dot)phpjobscheduler(dot)co(dot)uk
          > note that i didnt tested it though..
          >
          > i have a script that would do the same but there are some changes for your
          > requirements. if u require one just contact me back.i ll be happy doing
          > that..
          >
          > Regards
          > Chaitanya
          >
          > On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 7:56 PM, dr_freako <ravindra.harige@...<ravindra.harige%40gmail.com>
          > >wrote:
          >

          > > Hi All,
          > > I have a website hosted at say, abc.com and I have database of
          > registered
          > > users with their email id.
          > > Now I want to run a logic and get a subset of the users, and send them an
          > > email once a month. Something similar to reminder mail.
          > > As I see, this task is divided in three sub modules-
          > > 1. A PHP script with a logic which will get me that subset of users
          > >
          > > 2. A sendmail($email_id) kind of function which will do the work of
          > sending
          > > mail to given address
          > >
          > > 3. A way to schedule the execution of PHP script (of module#1) and
          > sendmail
          > > function, so that email would be sent once in a month automatically
          > >
          > > I have module#1 ready but I am stuck with module #2 and #3.
          > > I am new to doing mail stuff using PHP, I want to know
          > > - what all things/settings I should be knowing to do send mail coding in
          > > PHP
          > >
          > > - I want to send all those reminder emails to users with admin@...<admin%40abc.com>
          > <admin%40abc.com>as sender , how to achieve that?
          >

          > > - Any pointers to start off with this would be of great help
          > >
          > > When I search on how to go about implementing module#3, I found that CRON
          > > is preferred way to implement scheduling. But I enquired to my hosting
          > > provider and got to know that It is not accessible to me. So please let
          > me
          > > know any other alternate ways to implement the scheduling of a PHP
          > script.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Ravi

          Thanks & Regards