Re: [bang-phpug] PHP - SQL Server 2008

  • Chaitanya Yanamadala
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 12, 2010
      U need to have this extension enabled extension=php_mssql.dll in php.ini
      file and should have this dll in your dll folder if u are using the windows
      version..
      check this article

      http://www.php.net/manual/en/mssql.installation.php

      Chaitanya

      On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 10:04 AM, kamal kanth <kamalpeters@...> wrote:

      > Hi Friends,
      > I need help in developing application with SQL Server 2008 instead MySql.
      > What i need to do before starting my application? i mean the
      > configuration's to interact with SQL Server 2008.
      > I know only to work with Mysql, i am new to SQL Server 2008 DB.
      > Can any one help me please.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Kamal

    • munim2020
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 12, 2010
        You should use a good database abstraction layer(or an ORM with a DBAL).
        They help you concentrate on the code rather than worrying about the
        underlying database.
        I think ezsql is a good place to start http://www.woyano.com/jv/ezsql

        On 13 April 2010 10:04, kamal kanth <kamalpeters@...> wrote:

        > Hi Friends,
        > I need help in developing application with SQL Server 2008 instead MySql.
        > What i need to do before starting my application? i mean the
        > configuration's to interact with SQL Server 2008.
        > I know only to work with Mysql, i am new to SQL Server 2008 DB.
        > Can any one help me please.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Kamal

        Abdul Munim Kazia