Re: [bang-phpug] Facing a problem for login

  • Chaitanya Yanamadala
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2010
      hai
      i think u have a problem in the insert query. u have given some spaces in
      the user name and password post values while inserting..

      remove the old $add_query and use this

      $add_qry = "insert into
      customerlogin(custname,custpassword,custcontactno,custaddress,custcity,custstate,custcountry,custzipcode,custmailaddress)
      values
      ('$_POST['name']','$_POST['password']','$_POST['contactno']','$_POST['address']','$_POST['city']','$_POST['state']','$_POST['country']','$_POST['zip']','$_POST['username']')";

      Chaitanya

      "A man can get discouraged many times but he is not a failure until he stops
      trying..."

      "I would love to change the world, but I can't get the source code."

      On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Chaitanya Yanamadala <
      dr.virus.india@...> wrote:

      > hai
      > can u send me the structure atleast..
      >

      > Chaitanya
      >
      > "A man can get discouraged many times but he is not a failure until he
      > stops trying..."
      >
      > "I would love to change the world, but I can't get the source code."
      >
      > <http://doiop.com/dr.virus.india>
      >

      > On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 12:54 PM, pooja kudale <kudalepooja@...>wrote:
      >
      >> Table for users is a simple table..
      >>

      >> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Chaitanya Yanamadala <
      >> dr.virus.india@...> wrote:
      >>
      >>> Hai Pooja
      >>>
      >>> Provide us with the code and the sql table structure..Let us check with
      >>> that code and then we might help u out better.
      >>>
      >>> Chaitanya
      >>>
      >>> "A man can get discouraged many times but he is not a failure until he
      >>> stops trying..."

    • Nagendra Kumar
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2010
        Here are few Check List for your Problem

        1. Make sure the data inserting into table properly with all the status codes
        i.e If you have any email authentication system for the registered users you will be setting user status to pending verification and once the authenticate link is clicked you will update the user status as valid user

        2. make sure you are querying the table with right parameters.
        i.e Are you querying with the username, password along with the status codes ??

        3. make sure your application is Case sensitive or not

        4. This is the Step which can help you out.

        a. Print the query when you are trying to logging in with Manually Inserted User data
        b. Print the Query when you are trying to logging in with Registered User data.
        Compare between a and b ( I guess with this you can solve the problem )

        5. Last but not least , Update the Session data once after you querying the database.

        Hope This will help you ...

        reply us if you are able to solve the problem.

        Regards
        Nagendra

        To: bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com; kudalepooja@...
        From: dr.virus.india@...
        Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 12:39:37 +0530
        Subject: Re: [bang-phpug] Facing a problem for login

        Hai Pooja

        Provide us with the code and the sql table structure..Let us check with that

        code and then we might help u out better.

        Chaitanya

        "A man can get discouraged many times but he is not a failure until he stops

        trying..."

        "I would love to change the world, but I can't get the source code."

        On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 12:12 PM, piyu_saanjh <kudalepooja@...> wrote:

        > Hi everybody,

        > I am facing a very weird problem.

        > I have made scripts for login and is the user is not a member then to

        > register.

        > Now the problem I am facing here is,

        > If I manually insert an entry into users table say "a" and then try to

        > login, I get msg login successful.

        > But now if user "s" is not registers so he registers using register page,

        > His entry gets updated in the users table but when he tries to login, login

        > fails.

        > In short the entries that I insert manually get logged in and when I

        > register new entries tho the entries are updated but when I try to login,

        > login fails.

        > N moreover If I run the login query for the registered user on mysql cmd

        > prompt its giving me an empty set tho his entry is thr in the table.

        > Pls help

      • Imran Khan
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 8, 2010
          You are using single quotes i.e. '$_POST['name']' and so on. chage it to
          $_POST['name'], also check if the field names are coorect with correct data
          types.

          *Imran*