Re: [bang-phpug] mail function not working

  • munim2020
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 3, 2010
      You could configure start SMTP on xampp.. i think MercuryMail supports it.

      On 4 March 2010 11:19, vijaya lakshmi <vijayalakshmi6jun@...> wrote:

      > Host it on the online server,only then you wil be able to send mail,the
      > error is due to the abscence of the smtp server in localhost.
      > Even I faced the same prob,made changes to smtp port but things didnt
      > work,host it on to the main server and hopefully you wil not get any
      > errors.
      >

      > On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 7:31 PM, munim2020 <munim2020@...<munim2020%40gmail.com>>
      > wrote:
      >

      > > Depends on if Manish is even using php on xampp :-)
      > >
      > > On 3 March 2010 18:39, Chaitanya Yanamadala <dr.virus.india@...<dr.virus.india%40gmail.com>
      > <dr.virus.india%40gmail.com>
      >
      > > >wrote:
      > >

      > > > u have to change these values in the php.ini file
      > > > which will be available in the E:\xampp\php
      > > >
      > > > [mail function]
      > > > ; For Win32 only.
      > > > ; http://php.net/smtp
      > > > SMTP = localhost
      > > >
      > > > ; http://php.net/smtp-port
      > > > smtp_port = 25
      > > >
      > > > instead of localhost modify it to the ip address of the smtp server..
      > > >
      > > > this would send the mails
      > > >
      > > > Chaitanya
      > > >
      > > > "A man can get discouraged many times but he is not a failure until he
      > > > stops
      > > > trying..."
      > > >
      > > > "I would love to change the world, but I can't get the source code."
      > > >
      > > > On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 5:38 PM, manishyaar007 <
      > manishyaar007@... <manishyaar007%40yahoo.co.in><manishyaar007%
      > 40yahoo.co.in>
      > > <manishyaar007%40yahoo.co.in>

      > 40gmail.com> <xyz%
      >
      > > 40gmail.com>","hello
      > >
      > > > xyz","how r u this is a test

      > > > php.ini
      > on
      > > > line

      > > --
      > > Abdul Munim Kazia
      > > mail@... <mail%40munimkazia.com> <mail%40munimkazia.com>

      > Thanks & Regards
      > Vijayalakshmi

      Abdul Munim Kazia
      mail@...

    • kumar gaurav singh Sonu
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 3, 2010
        Hey buddy

        Don't be in tension...man just follow d following steps....

        First leave the php.ini file as it is...for the sake of mail function...
        [mail function]
        ; For Win32 only.
        SMTP = localhost
        smtp_port = 25

        Now I think , the best way to setup your own smtp server is to use the services of "phpgmailer"...
        It provides all the features of mailing.......

        I am attaching with the mail , phpgmailer package/.........you just include the class....class.phpgmailer.php in your program , and can use the services..
        With this I'm also attaching a sample file...that uses this............."mail_gmail.php"...

        Enjoy man..............

        ________________________________
        i m very new in php . i want to send a mail using mail() function.
        and using Free smtp server, but unable to send mail...

        i have very simple code

        <?php

        mail("xyz@...","hello xyz","how r u this is a test msg");

        ?>

        when i execute this the error like this is showing in browser

        Warning: mail() [function.mail] : Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in E:\xampp\htdocs\ test\phpdesigner _output_tmp. php on line 3

        its horrible .... pls help me.

        ----------

        <?php
        public class MovieMail
        {
        public function sendMail($str,$sub,$body)
        {
        include(".\phpgmailer\class.phpgmailer.php");
        $mail = new PHPGMailer();
        $mail->Username = 'yourmail@...';
        $mail->Password = 'password';
        $mail->From = 'frommail@...';
        $mail->FromName = 'Kumar Gaurav Singh';
        $mail->Subject = $sub;
        //Message to whome..
        $mail->AddAddress($str);

        $mail->Body = $body;
        //$mail->AddCC('kr_gaurav651@...');
        $mail->AddAttachment('C:\Users\gaurav\Desktop\shriya3h.jpg');
        //$mail->AddStringAttachment('file','C:\Users\gaurav\Desktop\shashi.java');
        //$mail->AddEmbeddedImage('20080818112718_jpg_a1aad5fd81840543bfc334d8d7cada14.jpg');
        if($mail->Send())
        echo'Check your mail';
        }

        }
        ?>

      • Chaitanya Yanamadala
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 4, 2010
          where are the attachements..
          how can u send a mail from the localhost server when the ports are blocked,
          can you explain me more in detail..??

          Chaitanya

          "A man can get discouraged many times but he is not a failure until he stops
          trying..."

          "I would love to change the world, but I can't get the source code."

          On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 12:15 PM, kumar gaurav singh Sonu <
          kr_gaurav651@...> wrote:

          > Hey buddy
          >
          > Don't be in tension...man just follow d following steps....
          >
          > First leave the php.ini file as it is...for the sake of mail function...
          >
          > [mail function]
          > ; For Win32 only.
          > SMTP = localhost
          > smtp_port = 25
          >
          > Now I think , the best way to setup your own smtp server is to use the
          > services of "phpgmailer"...
          > It provides all the features of mailing.......
          >
          > I am attaching with the mail , phpgmailer package/.........you just include
          > the class....class.phpgmailer.php in your program , and can use the
          > services..
          > With this I'm also attaching a sample file...that uses
          > this............."mail_gmail.php"...
          >
          > Enjoy man..............
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Hari KT
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 4, 2010
            Hi ,

            Use swiftmailer .

            The site swiftmailer.org has a wonderful docs . You can create some other mail accounts ( for eg gmail ) and send mails . Enjoy ;)

            Hari K T

            http://harikt.com/

            ________________________________

            kr_gaurav651@ yahoo.com> wrote:

            > Hey buddy
            >
            > Don't be in tension...man just follow d following steps....
            >
            > First leave the php.ini file as it is...for the sake of mail function...
            >
            > [mail function]
            > ; For Win32 only.
            > SMTP = localhost
            > smtp_port = 25
            > ............ ......... ..
            >
            > Now I think , the best way to setup your own smtp server is to use the
            > services of "phpgmailer" ...
            > It provides all the features of mailing..... ..
            >
            > I am attaching with the mail , phpgmailer package/.... .....you just include
            > the class....class. phpgmailer. php in your program , and can use the
            > services..
            > With this I'm also attaching a sample file...that uses
            > this........ ....."mail_ gmail.php" ...
            >
            > Enjoy man......... .....
            >
            > ____________ _________ _________ __

          • manishyaar007
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 8, 2010
              thank u guys for ur help, i got the solution of this problem,
              still when i send the mail using third party smtp server some time its works fine but but some time my mails are being sent to spam by the gmail.

              apart form this i want to track the ip address of the person who send the mail to me , i m using $_Server['REMOTE_ADDR'], but i am getting
              ::1 like address on my mail. is thier any solution for this....

              --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Hari KT <kthari85@...> wrote:

              > Hi ,
              >
              > Use swiftmailer .
              >
              > The site swiftmailer.org has a wonderful docs . You can create some other mail accounts ( for eg gmail ) and send mails . Enjoy ;)
              >
              > Hari K T
              >
              > http://harikt.com/

            • Chaitanya Yanamadala
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 8, 2010
                is this the code which ur are using up..

                <?php
                $ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
                echo "$ip";
                ?>

                this should obivously get you the remote address of the server..

                can u show me the code what u are using?