Re: Symfony framework training

  • Sjoerd
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 3, 2010
      Hello,

      Thanks Hari, I think you are right the Jobeet tutorial is quite easy to do yourself. Though the first setup and installation chapters are quite hard, I messed it up bigtime... :)
      The idea for developing a smart app for symfony-bangalore.org I really like. Forums really suck these days, so something more modern will suit!
      Another thing, I am for sure not the author of the book. I wish I was though ;) Most books are written bij Fabien Potencier, the lead of Symfony. He is French, I'm from Holland.

      Kind regards,
      Sjoerd

      --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Hari KT <kthari85@...> wrote:

      > Hi all ,
      > The jobeet tutorial is available and is wonderfully written . So can we do something other than that ?
      > Not sure how much time every one can spend . If we have some time can we develop some thing like a forum and make use of that for symfony-bangalore.org ?
      > And the site seems to be down . I have not met you, but if I am right you was one of the contributors of symfony and the author of the book definitive guide to symfony . Congrats and Great work .
      >
      > Please do make the meetup on saturday or sundays and not this week . .. Please ... I am at cochin, Kerala ie why ..
      >
      > Hari K T
      >
      > http://harikt.com/
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Amit R
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 3, 2010
        Hello Sjoerd,

        As I suggested earlier we can have the workshop at TechJini. We will have to cap the number of people as we have limited space :) If its TechJini it can be on 7th, 13th, 14th, 21st, 27th or 28th. We have couple of symfony Gurus in our office so they can also help.

        I think jobeet is too simple plus that people will anyway get to do if they want to study on their own, because we are doing in a group we should do something different.

        Also we have done such workshops earlier also, if most of the participants are working on symfony for the first time, its really very difficult to finish something presentable in 1 day. Also as everyone will be working on different parts no one will know the real symfony :)

        If its a one day activity, it should more like theory class + give problems (or small app) to people to solve. Or install jobeet and modify.

        Comments are welcome.

        Regards,
        Amit

        --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "Sjoerd" <sjoerddejong@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > Thanks Hari, I think you are right the Jobeet tutorial is quite easy to do yourself. Though the first setup and installation chapters are quite hard, I messed it up bigtime... :)
        > The idea for developing a smart app for symfony-bangalore.org I really like. Forums really suck these days, so something more modern will suit!
        > Another thing, I am for sure not the author of the book. I wish I was though ;) Most books are written bij Fabien Potencier, the lead of Symfony. He is French, I'm from Holland.
        >
        > Kind regards,
        > Sjoerd
        >
        > --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Hari KT <kthari85@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi all ,
        > > The jobeet tutorial is available and is wonderfully written . So can we do something other than that ?
        > > Not sure how much time every one can spend . If we have some time can we develop some thing like a forum and make use of that for symfony-bangalore.org ?
        > > And the site seems to be down . I have not met you, but if I am right you was one of the contributors of symfony and the author of the book definitive guide to symfony . Congrats and Great work .
        > >
        > > Please do make the meetup on saturday or sundays and not this week . .. Please ... I am at cochin, Kerala ie why ..
        > >
        > > Hari K T
        > >
        > > http://harikt.com/
        > >

        > > ________________________________

      • Harsha M V
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 3, 2010
          i agree with Amit. first meet. let it be about introduction and diving in.
          and you can give them some homework. once they are familiar with it. you can
          help them out with a app

          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 4, 2010
            If you're planning to attend this session, please RSVP at:
            http://www.meetup.com/Bangalore-PHP-Users/calendar/12506108/

            This will help Sjoerd know how many are coming and plan the session. The current RSVP limit is set to 15 since the venue is not decided and we don't know the limit of the venue.

            --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Harsha M V <hmvrulz@...> wrote:

            > i agree with Amit. first meet. let it be about introduction and diving in.
            > and you can give them some homework. once they are familiar with it. you can
            > help them out with a app

          • Harsha M V
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 4, 2010
              awesome. already 5 up.. :D

              --
              Harsha M V

              http://harshamv.com/
              http://variable3.com/

            • Imran Khan
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 4, 2010
                Hi I would be interested to join.

                Imran

                On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Vinu Thomas <vinuthomas@...> wrote:

                > If you're planning to attend this session, please RSVP at:
                > http://www.meetup.com/Bangalore-PHP-Users/calendar/12506108/
                >
                > This will help Sjoerd know how many are coming and plan the session. The
                > current RSVP limit is set to 15 since the venue is not decided and we don't
                > know the limit of the venue.
                >
                > Regards,
                > Vinu
                >

                > --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com <bang-phpug%40yahoogroups.com>, Harsha M
                > V <hmvrulz@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > i agree with Amit. first meet. let it be about introduction and diving
                > in.
                > > and you can give them some homework. once they are familiar with it. you
                > can
                > > help them out with a app

              • sunil ku
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 4, 2010
                  Hi Friends,

                  I too interested in symphony(n other frameworks)  training. Please let me know the details.

                  Thanks & Regards
                  sunilkumar

                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 4, 2010
                    I am intrested in the frame work. Can i know the details

                    With Regards
                    Binoy.M.V

                    From: Imran Khan <visit2imran@ gmail.com>

                    To: bang-phpug@yahoogro ups.com

                    Date: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 2:31 PM

                    Hi I would be interested to join.

                    Imran

                    On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Vinu Thomas <vinuthomas@ gmail. com> wrote:

                    > If you're planning to attend this session, please RSVP at:

                    > http://www.meetup com/Bangalore- PHP-Users/ calendar/ 12506108/

                    > This will help Sjoerd know how many are coming and plan the session. The

                    > current RSVP limit is set to 15 since the venue is not decided and we don't

                    > know the limit of the venue.

                    > Regards,

                    > Vinu

                    > --- In bang-phpug@yahoogro ups.com <bang-phpug% 40yahoogroups. com>, Harsha M

                    > V <hmvrulz@... > wrote:

                    > > i agree with Amit. first meet. let it be about introduction and diving

                    > in.

                    > > and you can give them some homework. once they are familiar with it. you

                    > can

                    > > help them out with a app

                  • Mahesh Hegde
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 7, 2010
                      hi iam interested in this.when is the date....