How to track Email

  • maq sood
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31 4:56 AM
      Hi All,
      Wanted to know how to track weather the email has been viewed by the person whome we have sent the mail... in php.

      This was an Inteview question .... I said no idea

      Cheers ....

      Message 2 of 2 , May 31 7:37 PM
        On 5/31/06, maq sood <maq005@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        > Wanted to know how to track weather the email has been viewed by the
        > person whome we have sent the mail... in php.

        You can check mail opens in HTML mails by embeding an transparent gif in the
        mail. You can create a php program to generate the gif image to the
        displayed in the mail. When that php script is called, you first log the
        view to your database and then send the transparent gif to the mail client.

        This method is not fool-proof since most email clients don't display images
        by default any more.

        Useful Link:
        http://www.e-consultancy.com/forum/102005-tracking-email-opens.html