Re: [bang-phpug] Symfony framework training

  • Chaitanya Yanamadala
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 31, 2010
      Hi sjoerd
      Quite a difficult name u have.
      I would definitely like to attend this. I think the jobeet.org would be a
      nice one to start with.

      --
      Chaitanya

      "A man can get discouraged many times but he is not a failure until he stops
      trying..."

      http://doiop.com/dr.virus.india

      http://www.drvirusindia.co.cc/

      http://chaitu09986025424.blog.co.in/

      http://9986025424.co.cc -- Live news channels

    • Jayesh .
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
        Hi Sjoerd,

        Surely. We are with you. I will be part of this workshop along with one
        colleague.

        You have selected a nice theme for workshop as "developing complex web
        applications with the Symfony Framework" but it would be even better if it
        would be "Workshop on developing complex web applications with the Symfony
        Framework *for Beginners*"

        Regards
        Jayesh

        sjoerddejong@...> wrote:

        > Hello All,
        >
        > Yesterday at the meetup I made the offer to organize a workshop on
        > developing complex web applications with the Symfony Framework.
        >
        > This is a poll to see who is interested in such a workshop. Please respond
        > to this mail so I can make a list of people.
        >
        > The topics covered are still open, my suggestion would be to either make
        > the Jobeet application (http://www.jobeet.org,
        > http://www.symfony-project.org/jobeet/1_4/Doctrine/en/) or develop an
        > actual project of one of the group members! Other suggestions are of course
        > more than welcome!
        >
        > Hope to hear from you, please reply either here or at the Symfony Bangalore
        > forum: http://www.symfony-bangalore.org/showthread.php?tid=3
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Sjoerd

      • Sudheer Satyanarayana
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
          Hi friends,

          I have posted a blog entry concluding our last meet.

          Look forward to your comments.

          --

          With warm regards,
          Sudheer. S
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
            Sure.. I'll Attend ..
            Which App You Are Developing? We Have Some Good Application Ideas.
            Now We Are Working On A Web 2.0 Indic Transliteration Website.
            We Are Launching Beta Site In Two Days.
            Website : http://oxitrans.co.cc Or http://ಒಟ <http://xn--ksc0a>
            ್ರಾನ್ಸಲೇಟರ್.co.cc Or http://oxitech.net/otrans/
            .
            --
            (¨`·.·´¨) Always
            `·.¸(¨`·.·´¨) Keep

            Regards..
            Vivek Rp - A Man With Ambitions!
            Proprietor/Developer - Oxi Technologies
            Contact : vivek@... | +91-9945054415
            Follow Me : http://www.spreadstun.com/vivekrp
            Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/vivekrp
            LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/vivekrp
            Facebook : http://fb.me/vivekrp
            All : http://www.oxitech.net/vivekrp

            sjoerddejong@...> wrote:

            > Hello All,
            >
            > Yesterday at the meetup I made the offer to organize a workshop on
            > developing complex web applications with the Symfony Framework.
            >
            > This is a poll to see who is interested in such a workshop. Please respond
            > to this mail so I can make a list of people.
            >
            > The topics covered are still open, my suggestion would be to either make
            > the Jobeet application (http://www.jobeet.org,
            > http://www.symfony-project.org/jobeet/1_4/Doctrine/en/) or develop an
            > actual project of one of the group members! Other suggestions are of course
            > more than welcome!
            >
            > Hope to hear from you, please reply either here or at the Symfony Bangalore
            > forum: http://www.symfony-bangalore.org/showthread.php?tid=3
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Sjoerd

          • Harsha M V
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
              hey @ssurred ;)

              i would love to come !

            • Divakar P
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 2, 2010

                I Interested to attend the training...

                Divakar P
                9900269022

                sjoerddejong@...> wrote:

                > Hello All,
                >
                > Yesterday at the meetup I made the offer to organize a workshop on
                > developing complex web applications with the Symfony Framework.
                >
                > This is a poll to see who is interested in such a workshop. Please respond
                > to this mail so I can make a list of people.
                >
                > The topics covered are still open, my suggestion would be to either make
                > the Jobeet application (http://www.jobeet.org,
                > http://www.symfony-project.org/jobeet/1_4/Doctrine/en/) or develop an
                > actual project of one of the group members! Other suggestions are of course
                > more than welcome!
                >
                > Hope to hear from you, please reply either here or at the Symfony Bangalore
                > forum: http://www.symfony-bangalore.org/showthread.php?tid=3
                >
                > Cheers,
                > Sjoerd

              • Hari KT
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 2, 2010
                  Hi all ,
                  The jobeet tutorial is available and is wonderfully written . So can we do something other than that ?
                  Not sure how much time every one can spend . If we have some time can we develop some thing like a forum and make use of that for symfony-bangalore.org ?
                  And the site seems to be down . I have not met you, but if I am right you was one of the contributors of symfony and the author of the book definitive guide to symfony . Congrats and Great work .

                  Please do make the meetup on saturday or sundays and not this week . .. Please ... I am at cochin, Kerala ie why ..

                  Hari K T

                  http://harikt.com/

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 3, 2010
                    Hello,

                    Thanks Hari, I think you are right the Jobeet tutorial is quite easy to do yourself. Though the first setup and installation chapters are quite hard, I messed it up bigtime... :)
                    The idea for developing a smart app for symfony-bangalore.org I really like. Forums really suck these days, so something more modern will suit!
                    Another thing, I am for sure not the author of the book. I wish I was though ;) Most books are written bij Fabien Potencier, the lead of Symfony. He is French, I'm from Holland.

                    Kind regards,
                    Sjoerd

                    --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Hari KT <kthari85@...> wrote:

                    > Hi all ,
                    > The jobeet tutorial is available and is wonderfully written . So can we do something other than that ?
                    > Not sure how much time every one can spend . If we have some time can we develop some thing like a forum and make use of that for symfony-bangalore.org ?
                    > And the site seems to be down . I have not met you, but if I am right you was one of the contributors of symfony and the author of the book definitive guide to symfony . Congrats and Great work .
                    >
                    > Please do make the meetup on saturday or sundays and not this week . .. Please ... I am at cochin, Kerala ie why ..
                    >
                    > Hari K T
                    >
                    > http://harikt.com/
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • Amit R
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 3, 2010
                      Hello Sjoerd,

                      As I suggested earlier we can have the workshop at TechJini. We will have to cap the number of people as we have limited space :) If its TechJini it can be on 7th, 13th, 14th, 21st, 27th or 28th. We have couple of symfony Gurus in our office so they can also help.

                      I think jobeet is too simple plus that people will anyway get to do if they want to study on their own, because we are doing in a group we should do something different.

                      Also we have done such workshops earlier also, if most of the participants are working on symfony for the first time, its really very difficult to finish something presentable in 1 day. Also as everyone will be working on different parts no one will know the real symfony :)

                      If its a one day activity, it should more like theory class + give problems (or small app) to people to solve. Or install jobeet and modify.

                      Comments are welcome.

                      Regards,
                      Amit

                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 3, 2010
                        i agree with Amit. first meet. let it be about introduction and diving in.
                        and you can give them some homework. once they are familiar with it. you can
                        help them out with a app

                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 4, 2010
                          If you're planning to attend this session, please RSVP at:
                          http://www.meetup.com/Bangalore-PHP-Users/calendar/12506108/

                          This will help Sjoerd know how many are coming and plan the session. The current RSVP limit is set to 15 since the venue is not decided and we don't know the limit of the venue.

                          --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Harsha M V <hmvrulz@...> wrote:

                          > i agree with Amit. first meet. let it be about introduction and diving in.
                          > and you can give them some homework. once they are familiar with it. you can
                          > help them out with a app

                        • Harsha M V
                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 4, 2010
                            awesome. already 5 up.. :D

                            --
                            Harsha M V

                            http://harshamv.com/
                            http://variable3.com/

                          • Imran Khan
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 4, 2010
                              Hi I would be interested to join.

                              Imran

                              On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Vinu Thomas <vinuthomas@...> wrote:

                              > If you're planning to attend this session, please RSVP at:
                              > http://www.meetup.com/Bangalore-PHP-Users/calendar/12506108/
                              >
                              > This will help Sjoerd know how many are coming and plan the session. The
                              > current RSVP limit is set to 15 since the venue is not decided and we don't
                              > know the limit of the venue.
                              >
                              > Regards,
                              > Vinu
                              >

                              > --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com <bang-phpug%40yahoogroups.com>, Harsha M
                              > V <hmvrulz@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > i agree with Amit. first meet. let it be about introduction and diving
                              > in.
                              > > and you can give them some homework. once they are familiar with it. you
                              > can
                              > > help them out with a app

                            • sunil ku
                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 4, 2010
                                Hi Friends,

                                I too interested in symphony(n other frameworks)  training. Please let me know the details.

                                Thanks & Regards
                                sunilkumar

                                Message 15 of 17 , Feb 4, 2010
                                  I am intrested in the frame work. Can i know the details

                                  With Regards
                                  Binoy.M.V

                                  From: Imran Khan <visit2imran@ gmail.com>

                                  To: bang-phpug@yahoogro ups.com

                                  Date: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 2:31 PM

                                  Hi I would be interested to join.

                                  Imran

                                  On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Vinu Thomas <vinuthomas@ gmail. com> wrote:

                                  > If you're planning to attend this session, please RSVP at:

                                  > http://www.meetup com/Bangalore- PHP-Users/ calendar/ 12506108/

                                  > This will help Sjoerd know how many are coming and plan the session. The

                                  > current RSVP limit is set to 15 since the venue is not decided and we don't

                                  > know the limit of the venue.

                                  > Regards,

                                  > Vinu

                                  > --- In bang-phpug@yahoogro ups.com <bang-phpug% 40yahoogroups. com>, Harsha M

                                  > V <hmvrulz@... > wrote:

                                  > > i agree with Amit. first meet. let it be about introduction and diving

                                  > in.

                                  > > and you can give them some homework. once they are familiar with it. you

                                  > can

                                  > > help them out with a app

                                • Mahesh Hegde
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Feb 7, 2010
                                    hi iam interested in this.when is the date....