KarmaDeal is currently recruiting for CTO

  • Frazier Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2010
      http://bit.ly/52MDE8

      Project KarmaDeal
      CTO - full-time position

      Do you want to build the next-generation internet experience for the Indian consumer? Are you interested in working in a world-class start-up with a highly experience team from Yahoo!, eBay and Trilogy? Are you looking for a work environment where you can grow professionally AND enjoy yourself every day? KarmaDeal could be the place for you.

      KarmaDeal is an early-stage, Bangalore-based company building a disruptive e-commerce concept for Indian market. We're merging the "best of the West" with the "opportunity of the East" - creating an entirely new product experience that we believe will bust open e-commercein India. We're as much committed to building a world-class company as helping build out the Indian start-up ecosystem.

      We're currently looking for a highly talented CTO to join our founding team. This person will play a critical role not only in building the product but also in defining our strategy and culture. The CTO will own the successful creation of high-scale, high-quality, multi-market e-commerce products. He or she will own the build-out of our technical team as well as the engineering practices and processes.

      The ideal individual will be a versatile individual that is both strategic and hands-on. They will have high attention to detail and be obsessed with flawless execution. They will be able to partner with the founders to drive the business strategy as well as work independently to build and drive the technical team. They will be passionate about building high-quality internet and mobile experiences through the use of proven, open, high-scale technologies and systems. They will also be passionate about build a fun, high-performance culture at KarmaDeal.

      This position is salaried and will have a significant equity allocation. It is highly competitive with the market.

      KarmaDeal is founded by Frazier Miller and Tia Yansen-Miller. Frazier was most recently Head of Audience and Product for Yahoo! India where he led Yahoo!'s entire product portfolio in India, including market-leading products like Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! Messenger, Yahoo! News and Yahoo! Movies. In the last year, Frazier oversaw Yahoo! Cricket take over the #1 position in the market, as well the launch of Flickr in India. During is 5 years at Yahoo! Headquarters in the U.S. he also built out Yahoo Messenger into a >100M user/month product and grew the Local and Maps business unit into a $100M+ annual business. Previous to Yahoo!, Frazier held senior product management positions at BEA Systems and Nimble. Frazier has a BA from Dartmouth College and MBA from Harvard Business School.

      Tia Miller most recently spent 9 years at eBay where, among other senior executive roles, she was Vice President of eBay US Lifestyles Division - an approximately $2Bn Gross Merchandise Sales division. Previous to this, as Vice President of Category Management at eBay, she built the eBay Stores business as well as "Buy it Now" feature. Prior to eBay, Tia held numerous senior management positions at leading consumer retail companies such as The Gap, Starbucks, and Disney Strategic Planning (both US and Asia). Tia holds a BS in Engineering from Stanford and MBA from Stanford's GSB.

      Please don't hesitate to let us know if you're interested, or know someone who might be -- or, just reach out and say hi... fmiller@....