File extension

  • prabhat kumar
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14, 2009

      In php how to find file type (like mp3, flv, assci etc).
      I already tried functuion  mime_content_type() and $_FILES['tagname']['type'] but i m not able to differentiate video files.

      Any help?

      Your friend

      Prabhat Kumar

      Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local http://in.local.yahoo.com/
    • Sudheer Satyanarayana
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 14, 2009
        prabhat kumar wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > In php how to find file type (like mp3, flv, assci etc).
        > I already tried functuion mime_content_type() and $_FILES['tagname']['type'] but i m not able to differentiate video files.
        >
        > Any help?
        >

        > Your friend
        >
        > Prabhat Kumar

        Hi Prabhat,

        The fileinfo extension is what you are looking for.

        You can read more about it at
        http://in.php.net/manual/en/function.finfo-file.php

        --

        With warm regards,
        Sudheer. S
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 16, 2009
          Thanks for the reply

          I have one more problem since function "finfo_file" is only available for php-5.3 thats why we need some alternate function also for older version of PHP.