i have problem in connecting sql server... help me..

  • arul_sreeyaa2006
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 4, 2009
      Still i get a problem in connecting sql database in php.....my coding is
      <?php
      $link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password');
      if (!$link) {
      die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
      }
      echo 'Connected successfully';
      mysql_close($link);
      ?>
      the errors are

      Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'mysql_user'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\wamp\www\php\connect.php on line 2
      Could not connect: Access denied for user 'mysql_user'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

      .............help me.........
    • Imran Khan
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 4, 2009
        Hi, Its very simple.

        You are using mysql_password but it should jsut be password.
        Example: $link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'mysql_user', 'password');

        Please let me know if this is sorted out.

        *Warm Regards*
        *Imran Khan*
        *PHP Project Lead*

        Still i get a problem in connecting sql database in php.....my coding is
        <?php
        $link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password');
        if (!$link) {
        die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
        }
        echo 'Connected successfully';
        mysql_close($link);
        ?>
        the errors are

        Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user
        'mysql_user'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in
        C:\wamp\www\php\connect.php on line 2
        Could not connect: Access denied for user 'mysql_user'@'localhost' (using
        password: YES)

        .............help me.........

      • chittaranjan
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 4, 2009
          Hi Arul,
          It seems your user id is not bind with the database.
          Go to admin panel an give access privilege to uer database user.

          Thanks,
          Chitta

          ________________________________
          Still i get a problem in connecting sql database in php.....my coding is
          <?php
          $link = mysql_connect( 'localhost' , 'mysql_user' , 'mysql_password' );
          if (!$link) {
          die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error( ));
          }
          echo 'Connected successfully' ;
          mysql_close( $link);
          ?>
          the errors are

          Warning: mysql_connect( ) [function.mysql- connect]: Access denied for user 'mysql_user' @'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\wamp\www\ php\connect. php on line 2
          Could not connect: Access denied for user 'mysql_user' @'localhost' (using password: YES)

          ............ .help me.........

          Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here http://cricket.yahoo.com

        • Ramkumar
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 4, 2009
            Does the user exist and the password is correct for the mysql DB user?

            - Ram

            arul_sreeyaa2006 wrote:

            > Still i get a problem in connecting sql database in php.....my coding is
            > <?php
            > $link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password');
            > if (!$link) {
            > die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
            > }
            > echo 'Connected successfully';
            > mysql_close($link);
            > ?>
            > the errors are
            >
            > Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for
            > user 'mysql_user'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in
            > C:\wamp\www\php\connect.php on line 2
            > Could not connect: Access denied for user 'mysql_user'@'localhost'
            > (using password: YES)
            >
            > .............help me.........

          • Koushik G raj
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 6, 2009
              Hi Arul,

              it seems to be you are trying to connect with MS SQL not My SQL.
              please go through the url
              http://www.webcheatsheet.com/PHP/connect_mssql_database.php

              arul_sreeyaa2006 wrote:

              > Still i get a problem in connecting sql database in php.....my coding is

              > <?php

              > $link = mysql_connect( 'localhost' , 'mysql_user' , 'mysql_password' );

              > if (!$link) {

              > die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error( ));

              > }

              > echo 'Connected successfully' ;

              > mysql_close( $link);

              > ?>

              > the errors are

              > Warning: mysql_connect( ) [function.mysql- connect]: Access denied for

              > user 'mysql_user' @'localhost' (using password: YES) in

              > C:\wamp\www\ php\connect. php on line 2

              > Could not connect: Access denied for user 'mysql_user' @'localhost'

              > (using password: YES)

              Yahoo! recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer 8. http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/

            • Manish kumar
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 2, 2009
                try userName 'root' and password ''(blank with no space b/w quotes).
              • Manish kumar
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 2, 2009
                  try username 'root' and password ''(no white space b/w. quotes)