Re: [bang-phpug] Re: get area names on providing zipcode

  • Harsha M V
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 16, 2009
      thanx hemanth. I found all from the indian postal website. now am tracking
      gps position for all the places.
      guess ahve to use google earth for that.

      On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Hemanth <mvhemanth@...> wrote:

      > just pick up the telephone directory and find all the pin codes in the
      > information pages pal
      > even any yellow pages will contain this information
      >
      > Hemanth Roy MV
      > Ph: +91-9241773148
      > Creator : www.ValueAds.Biz - 100% FREE Classified site. No Registration
      > required.
      > :) Also enjoy my choice jokes at collectorsjokes.blogspot.com
      >
      > Get Rs.2000 discount on anything u want to buy like TV, fridge, mixie,
      > mobile etc...
      > And a business opportunity to earn in Lakhs with just Rs.710 investment
      > See www.ValueAds.Biz/rainwings
      >

      > On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 10:28 PM, hmvgprs <hmvrulz@...<hmvrulz%40gmail.com>>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > I am creating an application which requires Pin code to area relation
      > > in bangalore.
      > > If your Staying in Banaglore or stayed in Banaglore Please reply back
      > > with your pincode and area name as follows
      > >
      > > 560003 - Malleswaram
      > >
      > > Sorry for the trouble. Thanx for your Time
      > >
      > > Regards
      > > Harsha M V

      Harsha M V

    • puli Mayurnath
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 17, 2009
        I guess you can get the latitude and logitude co-ordinates for all the zip codes in geodesic website. Please check the same. I tried some time ago but did not pursue seriously.

        Using the lang and long co-ordinates and the google map api, you can map them in the google maps.

        Thanks,
        --Mayur

        ________________________________

        On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Hemanth <mvhemanth@gmail. com> wrote:

        > just pick up the telephone directory and find all the pin codes in the
        > information pages pal
        > even any yellow pages will contain this information
        >
        > Hemanth Roy MV
        > Ph: +91-9241773148
        > Creator : www.ValueAds. Biz - 100% FREE Classified site. No Registration
        > required.
        > :) Also enjoy my choice jokes at collectorsjokes. blogspot. com
        >
        > Get Rs.2000 discount on anything u want to buy like TV, fridge, mixie,
        > mobile etc...
        > And a business opportunity to earn in Lakhs with just Rs.710 investment
        > See www.ValueAds. Biz/rainwings
        >

        > On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 10:28 PM, hmvgprs <hmvrulz@gmail. com<hmvrulz%40gmail. com>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > I am creating an application which requires Pin code to area relation
        > > in bangalore.
        > > If your Staying in Banaglore or stayed in Banaglore Please reply back
        > > with your pincode and area name as follows
        > >
        > > 560003 - Malleswaram
        > >
        > > Sorry for the trouble. Thanx for your Time
        > >
        > > Regards
        > > Harsha M V

        Harsha M V

      • Harsha M V
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 17, 2009
          Hello Mayur,

          can u point the url for geodesic. I am not seeing any pincodes there. I
          tried a few websites. They provide lat and long but its not accurate. they
          simply have same lat n lon for many places.

          Does any one know to build i networking site which framework is the best ?
          or its better to code from scratch ?

          I have looked into elgg and cakephp.

          Regards,
          Harsha M V