PHP Streams help- Links extractor from Web Pages

  • thisistrinath
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2009
      Hello Friends,
      I have made a URL extractor to get all the links in a page. Its
      good enough now, but to increase the speed I need two more things
      first is to use CURL or sockets and second is to process the data as
      soon as we get using PHP streams(which can reduce the total time by
      50%), but I am weak in that and need your help.
      The script I made is at
      http://yerra.trinadh.googlepages.com/Linkfinder1.html
      Please use it(just change the File_Get_Contents function inputs on
      top) to see if it meets any of your needs, but I have not made it as a
      class because it is still a bit incomplete. Current features are that it
      finds links in A and FRAME tags, set 200 char limit on URL's, rejects
      URL's with a single char or no description, rejects image links,
      rejects links to files which are not not web pages(like PDF, wmv). And
      best of all it is very lineant as a browser in finding links. But one
      important things that is left to do is to convert relative links into
      absolute links, which I will do soon.
      In the Meantime, please test and tell me how is it? and also
      please help PHP Stream Filter
      Thank you
      -Trinadh