Re: get area names on providing zipcode

  • hmvgprs
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 10, 2009
      I am creating an application which requires Pin code to area relation
      in bangalore.
      If your Staying in Banaglore or stayed in Banaglore Please reply back
      with your pincode and area name as follows

      560003 - Malleswaram

      Sorry for the trouble. Thanx for your Time

      Regards
      Harsha M V
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 10, 2009
        Just came across this site:
        http://www.indiapost.gov.in/pin/pinsearch.aspx
        Click on the District tab, select Bangalore and click on search.

        --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "hmvgprs" <hmvrulz@...> wrote:

        > I am creating an application which requires Pin code to area relation
        > in bangalore.
        > If your Staying in Banaglore or stayed in Banaglore Please reply back
        > with your pincode and area name as follows
        >
        > 560003 - Malleswaram
        >
        > Sorry for the trouble. Thanx for your Time
        >
        > Regards
        > Harsha M V

      • Harsha M V
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 10, 2009
          Tahnx Vinu,

          I got 500 entries. I will share it with you guys when i came a proper
          database out of it.

          Regrads,
          Harsha M V

          --
          Harsha M V

        • Hemanth
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 16, 2009
            just pick up the telephone directory and find all the pin codes in the
            information pages pal
            even any yellow pages will contain this information

            Hemanth Roy MV
            Ph: +91-9241773148
            Creator : www.ValueAds.Biz - 100% FREE Classified site. No Registration
            required.
            :) Also enjoy my choice jokes at collectorsjokes.blogspot.com

            Get Rs.2000 discount on anything u want to buy like TV, fridge, mixie,
            mobile etc...
            And a business opportunity to earn in Lakhs with just Rs.710 investment
            See www.ValueAds.Biz/rainwings

            On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 10:28 PM, hmvgprs <hmvrulz@...> wrote:

            > I am creating an application which requires Pin code to area relation
            > in bangalore.
            > If your Staying in Banaglore or stayed in Banaglore Please reply back
            > with your pincode and area name as follows
            >
            > 560003 - Malleswaram
            >
            > Sorry for the trouble. Thanx for your Time
            >
            > Regards
            > Harsha M V

          • Harsha M V
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 16, 2009
              thanx hemanth. I found all from the indian postal website. now am tracking
              gps position for all the places.
              guess ahve to use google earth for that.

              On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Hemanth <mvhemanth@...> wrote:

              > just pick up the telephone directory and find all the pin codes in the
              > information pages pal
              > even any yellow pages will contain this information
              >
              > Hemanth Roy MV
              > Ph: +91-9241773148
              > Creator : www.ValueAds.Biz - 100% FREE Classified site. No Registration
              > required.
              > :) Also enjoy my choice jokes at collectorsjokes.blogspot.com
              >
              > Get Rs.2000 discount on anything u want to buy like TV, fridge, mixie,
              > mobile etc...
              > And a business opportunity to earn in Lakhs with just Rs.710 investment
              > See www.ValueAds.Biz/rainwings
              >

              > On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 10:28 PM, hmvgprs <hmvrulz@...<hmvrulz%40gmail.com>>
              > wrote:
              >
              > > I am creating an application which requires Pin code to area relation
              > > in bangalore.
              > > If your Staying in Banaglore or stayed in Banaglore Please reply back
              > > with your pincode and area name as follows
              > >
              > > 560003 - Malleswaram
              > >
              > > Sorry for the trouble. Thanx for your Time
              > >
              > > Regards
              > > Harsha M V

              Harsha M V

            • puli Mayurnath
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 17, 2009
                I guess you can get the latitude and logitude co-ordinates for all the zip codes in geodesic website. Please check the same. I tried some time ago but did not pursue seriously.

                Using the lang and long co-ordinates and the google map api, you can map them in the google maps.

                Thanks,
                --Mayur

                ________________________________

                On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Hemanth <mvhemanth@gmail. com> wrote:

                > just pick up the telephone directory and find all the pin codes in the
                > information pages pal
                > even any yellow pages will contain this information
                >
                > Hemanth Roy MV
                > Ph: +91-9241773148
                > Creator : www.ValueAds. Biz - 100% FREE Classified site. No Registration
                > required.
                > :) Also enjoy my choice jokes at collectorsjokes. blogspot. com
                >
                > Get Rs.2000 discount on anything u want to buy like TV, fridge, mixie,
                > mobile etc...
                > And a business opportunity to earn in Lakhs with just Rs.710 investment
                > See www.ValueAds. Biz/rainwings
                >

                > On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 10:28 PM, hmvgprs <hmvrulz@gmail. com<hmvrulz%40gmail. com>>
                > wrote:
                >
                > > I am creating an application which requires Pin code to area relation
                > > in bangalore.
                > > If your Staying in Banaglore or stayed in Banaglore Please reply back
                > > with your pincode and area name as follows
                > >
                > > 560003 - Malleswaram
                > >
                > > Sorry for the trouble. Thanx for your Time
                > >
                > > Regards
                > > Harsha M V

                Harsha M V

              • Harsha M V
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 17, 2009
                  Hello Mayur,

                  can u point the url for geodesic. I am not seeing any pincodes there. I
                  tried a few websites. They provide lat and long but its not accurate. they
                  simply have same lat n lon for many places.

                  Does any one know to build i networking site which framework is the best ?
                  or its better to code from scratch ?

                  I have looked into elgg and cakephp.

                  Regards,
                  Harsha M V