get area names on providing zipcode

  • hmvgprs
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 8, 2009
      i was using facebook and came across this application called Zoosk.

      here when u provide your zip code it shows all the are coming under
      the zip code for bangalore.

      Is there any place we can get that database with entries of zip code
      versus area names ?

      are any way to fetch it from this site ?
    • hmvgprs
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 10, 2009
        I am creating an application which requires Pin code to area relation
        in bangalore.
        If your Staying in Banaglore or stayed in Banaglore Please reply back
        with your pincode and area name as follows

        560003 - Malleswaram

        Sorry for the trouble. Thanx for your Time

        Regards
        Harsha M V
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 10, 2009
          Just came across this site:
          http://www.indiapost.gov.in/pin/pinsearch.aspx
          Click on the District tab, select Bangalore and click on search.

          --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "hmvgprs" <hmvrulz@...> wrote:

          > I am creating an application which requires Pin code to area relation
          > in bangalore.
          > If your Staying in Banaglore or stayed in Banaglore Please reply back
          > with your pincode and area name as follows
          >
          > 560003 - Malleswaram
          >
          > Sorry for the trouble. Thanx for your Time
          >
          > Regards
          > Harsha M V

        • Harsha M V
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 10, 2009
            Tahnx Vinu,

            I got 500 entries. I will share it with you guys when i came a proper
            database out of it.

            Regrads,
            Harsha M V

            --
            Harsha M V

          • Hemanth
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 16, 2009
              just pick up the telephone directory and find all the pin codes in the
              information pages pal
              even any yellow pages will contain this information

              Hemanth Roy MV
              Ph: +91-9241773148
              Creator : www.ValueAds.Biz - 100% FREE Classified site. No Registration
              required.
              :) Also enjoy my choice jokes at collectorsjokes.blogspot.com

              Get Rs.2000 discount on anything u want to buy like TV, fridge, mixie,
              mobile etc...
              And a business opportunity to earn in Lakhs with just Rs.710 investment
              See www.ValueAds.Biz/rainwings

              On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 10:28 PM, hmvgprs <hmvrulz@...> wrote:

              > I am creating an application which requires Pin code to area relation
              > in bangalore.
              > If your Staying in Banaglore or stayed in Banaglore Please reply back
              > with your pincode and area name as follows
              >
              > 560003 - Malleswaram
              >
              > Sorry for the trouble. Thanx for your Time
              >
              > Regards
              > Harsha M V

            • Harsha M V
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 16, 2009
                thanx hemanth. I found all from the indian postal website. now am tracking
                gps position for all the places.
                guess ahve to use google earth for that.

                On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Hemanth <mvhemanth@...> wrote:

                > just pick up the telephone directory and find all the pin codes in the
                > information pages pal
                > even any yellow pages will contain this information
                >
                > Hemanth Roy MV
                > Ph: +91-9241773148
                > Creator : www.ValueAds.Biz - 100% FREE Classified site. No Registration
                > required.
                > :) Also enjoy my choice jokes at collectorsjokes.blogspot.com
                >
                > Get Rs.2000 discount on anything u want to buy like TV, fridge, mixie,
                > mobile etc...
                > And a business opportunity to earn in Lakhs with just Rs.710 investment
                > See www.ValueAds.Biz/rainwings
                >

                > On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 10:28 PM, hmvgprs <hmvrulz@...<hmvrulz%40gmail.com>>
                > wrote:
                >
                > > I am creating an application which requires Pin code to area relation
                > > in bangalore.
                > > If your Staying in Banaglore or stayed in Banaglore Please reply back
                > > with your pincode and area name as follows
                > >
                > > 560003 - Malleswaram
                > >
                > > Sorry for the trouble. Thanx for your Time
                > >
                > > Regards
                > > Harsha M V

                Harsha M V

              • puli Mayurnath
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 17, 2009
                  I guess you can get the latitude and logitude co-ordinates for all the zip codes in geodesic website. Please check the same. I tried some time ago but did not pursue seriously.

                  Using the lang and long co-ordinates and the google map api, you can map them in the google maps.

                  Thanks,
                  --Mayur

                  ________________________________

                  On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Hemanth <mvhemanth@gmail. com> wrote:

                  > just pick up the telephone directory and find all the pin codes in the
                  > information pages pal
                  > even any yellow pages will contain this information
                  >
                  > Hemanth Roy MV
                  > Ph: +91-9241773148
                  > Creator : www.ValueAds. Biz - 100% FREE Classified site. No Registration
                  > required.
                  > :) Also enjoy my choice jokes at collectorsjokes. blogspot. com
                  >
                  > Get Rs.2000 discount on anything u want to buy like TV, fridge, mixie,
                  > mobile etc...
                  > And a business opportunity to earn in Lakhs with just Rs.710 investment
                  > See www.ValueAds. Biz/rainwings
                  >

                  > On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 10:28 PM, hmvgprs <hmvrulz@gmail. com<hmvrulz%40gmail. com>>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > > I am creating an application which requires Pin code to area relation
                  > > in bangalore.
                  > > If your Staying in Banaglore or stayed in Banaglore Please reply back
                  > > with your pincode and area name as follows
                  > >
                  > > 560003 - Malleswaram
                  > >
                  > > Sorry for the trouble. Thanx for your Time
                  > >
                  > > Regards
                  > > Harsha M V

                  Harsha M V

                • Harsha M V
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 17, 2009
                    Hello Mayur,

                    can u point the url for geodesic. I am not seeing any pincodes there. I
                    tried a few websites. They provide lat and long but its not accurate. they
                    simply have same lat n lon for many places.

                    Does any one know to build i networking site which framework is the best ?
                    or its better to code from scratch ?

                    I have looked into elgg and cakephp.

                    Regards,
                    Harsha M V