Re: How to find aol ip address

  • aruncbhas
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2009
      Thanks vinu for the ips, code working when i used the aol client ips,
      but its not working with AOL Proxy IP. Can you guide me how to block
      all proxies?

      syam

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2009
        Hi Syam,

        Unfortunately AOL's proxy addresses don't come up with a reverse
        lookup so it's not possible to detect that with the code you have.
        Check the following link :
        http://www.jroller.com/agileanswers/entry/joomla_1_0_x_patch

        The author of that article has a function called isAOLuser() which you
        can use along with the array $aolSubnetList in which he puts in all
        the addresses which are present in the AOL webmaster link.
        Just that array and the function should be able to solve your problem.