Need Help -> Advance Session Management

  • pavanphp
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2008
      I am thinking to store temp data into sessions instead of cookies
      since it is more secure.

      Since I am creating sessions first time, I have some doubts before
      using it and I did not found any of these in documentation since
      answers to these questions depends on the experience we have. You all
      are experienced in PHP compare to me, so looking forward to some hints
      from your side.

      Do you have any idea on any of these questions?

      How many number of variables I can store in a PHP session on server side?

      How much maximum size of data in size (kb/mb) a session can hold for
      one visitor?

      How many maximum number of sessions a server can hold at a same time?

      I have these question since I want to know that how many people my
      application on server can respond at a time since each user will be
      represented by one session.
    • baldaris69
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2008
        --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "pavanphp" <pavan.php@...> wrote:

        > I am thinking to store temp data into sessions instead of cookies
        > since it is more secure.
        >
        > Since I am creating sessions first time, I have some doubts before
        > using it and I did not found any of these in documentation since
        > answers to these questions depends on the experience we have. You all
        > are experienced in PHP compare to me, so looking forward to some hints
        > from your side.
        >
        > Do you have any idea on any of these questions?
        >
        > How many number of variables I can store in a PHP session on server
        side?

        > How much maximum size of data in size (kb/mb) a session can hold for
        > one visitor?
        >
        > How many maximum number of sessions a server can hold at a same time?
        >
        > I have these question since I want to know that how many people my
        > application on server can respond at a time since each user will be
        > represented by one session.

        How many number of variables I can store in a PHP session on server
        side?
        infinity, only limited by your harddisk, and your bit usage of your os.

        How much maximum size of data in size (kb/mb) a session can hold for
        one visitor?
        2,5 gb on 32bit systems

        How many number of variables I can store in a PHP session on server
        side?

        that depends on your filesystem, ext2 can store 10^18

        Hope it help's

        baldaris