Changing the File permission

  • Shiva Kumar Mallikarjun
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2008
      Hi All,

      I'm using Zend Studio for my web application. When i create a view file through Zend Interface
      its permission is by default set to 644. I want to make it to 777. but i cant able by using chmod.
      Can anyone tell me how can i create view file wit permission 777 through Zend Interface.

      Thanks,
      Shiv

    • prabhat kumar
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2008
        Hello  Shiva,

        Use this

        chmod('filename',  0777);

        Explanation:-  do u know about sticky bit, suid, sgid...   the first bit i.e. '0' is for these permissions

        "To find a true love, you must first find a true friend"

        Your friend

        Prabhat Kumar

      • gurram_anurag
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 27, 2009
          Please view this code given below

          chmod($conn,"0777","file_name");

          in general u would have folder permissions also denied.
          Please ask me for confirmation.