PHP Framework

  • hmvgprs
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 21, 2008
      can some one suggest me a good php framework..

      i am writing a code which i wil be distributing later. so can i pack
      the files n it be installed again on another system ??
    • ankur
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 21, 2008
        I have worked on 3.
        symfony is good for its documentation and easy-ness, and only one way of
        folder structure.

        zend is bit complicated when it comes to folder structure, you can do 2-3
        types. documentation is not so powerful like symfony.
        but rich with coding style and rich in google help.

        code igniter ( CI ) is fast and easier then zend.

        for zend and CI the concept is bit same of bootstrapping the file and then
        .... other stuff, symfony is rich with cool features and the best is plugin
        services, you name is feature, you will get it, copy it + paste id\t and use
        the class object and its done. :)

        Now a days I am using symfony a lot.
        if you found any issue paste it here, we will help you. :)

        happy framework + ing. :)

        --

        On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 3:18 AM, hmvgprs <hmvrulz@...> wrote:

        > can some one suggest me a good php framework..
        >
        > i am writing a code which i wil be distributing later. so can i pack
        > the files n it be installed again on another system ??

      • CS Shyam Sundar
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 21, 2008
          code igniter ( http://codeigniter.com/ )., it has a very small learning
          curve.

          On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 15:48, hmvgprs <hmvrulz@...> wrote:

          > can some one suggest me a good php framework..
          >
          > i am writing a code which i wil be distributing later. so can i pack
          > the files n it be installed again on another system ??

          --
          CS Shyam Sundar

          [mobile] +91-97877-SHYAM | [voip] +1-425-998-1134

          "Who you choose to be around you lets you know who you are."

        • Harsha M V
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 21, 2008
            ok...

            my main thing is can i pack the files later to distribute it like a
            product...??

            --
            Harsha M V
            {http://hmv.co.in}

          • aniesh joseph
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 22, 2008

              I have only experience with Code Igniter. But I can start to work on within One Day. It has a good documentation on their site and also have a Good Forum.

              Thank You.

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 22, 2008
                cakephp is the best

                On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 8:19 PM, aniesh joseph <aniesh_joseph@...>wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > I have only experience with Code Igniter. But I can start to work on within
                > One Day. It has a good documentation on their site and also have a Good
                > Forum.
                >
                > Thank You.
                >
                > --- On Mon, 22/9/08, Harsha M V <hmvrulz@... <hmvrulz%40gmail.com>>
                > wrote:
                > From: Harsha M V <hmvrulz@... <hmvrulz%40gmail.com>>
                > Subject: Re: [bang-phpug] PHP Framework
                > To: bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com <bang-phpug%40yahoogroups.com>,
                > ganu.ullu@... <ganu.ullu%40gmail.com>
                > Date: Monday, 22 September, 2008, 11:55 AM
                >

                > ok...
                >
                > my main thing is can i pack the files later to distribute it like a
                >
                > product...??
                >
                > --
                >
                > Harsha M V
                >
                > {http://hmv.co in}

                > Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now, on
                > http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/

              • Udayakumar Sarangapani
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 12, 2008
                  CakePHP is the best framework as well as the documentation and help manual.

                  On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 9:04 PM, Binoy av <binoyav@...> wrote:

                  > cakephp is the best
                  >
                  > On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 8:19 PM, aniesh joseph <aniesh_joseph@...<aniesh_joseph%40yahoo.co.in>
                  > >wrote:
                  >

                  > > Hi,
                  > >
                  > > I have only experience with Code Igniter. But I can start to work on
                  > within
                  > > One Day. It has a good documentation on their site and also have a Good
                  > > Forum.
                  > >
                  > > Thank You.
                  > >
                  > > --- On Mon, 22/9/08, Harsha M V <hmvrulz@... <hmvrulz%40gmail.com><hmvrulz%
                  > 40gmail.com>>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > From: Harsha M V <hmvrulz@... <hmvrulz%40gmail.com> <hmvrulz%
                  > 40gmail.com>>
                  > > Subject: Re: [bang-phpug] PHP Framework
                  > > To: bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com <bang-phpug%40yahoogroups.com><bang-phpug%
                  > 40yahoogroups.com>,
                  > > ganu.ullu@... <ganu.ullu%40gmail.com> <ganu.ullu%40gmail.com>
                  > > Date: Monday, 22 September, 2008, 11:55 AM
                  > >

                  > > ok...
                  > >
                  > > my main thing is can i pack the files later to distribute it like a
                  > >
                  > > product...??
                  > >
                  > > --
                  > >
                  > > Harsha M V
                  > >
                  > > {http://hmv.co in}

                  > > Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now, on
                  > > http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/

                • jegan
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 13, 2008
                    try zend framework. it has many features. initially its little difficult to
                    understand the framework ..but its ok after some time..
                    reason for going with this are its extensible and well-tested code base
                    ,flexible architecture (MVC) , db classes ,validation classes
                    ,filters. high-quality,
                    object-oriented PHP 5 classes library, web services , API s for google
                    ,amazon and yahoo,cache , ...and lot...

                    http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/