Re: [bang-phpug] Need help to develop Search Engine

  • jegan
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 19, 2008
      HI,
      I did a proj like this in where the java part nutch web crawler run
      background as a cron job regualrly and update database .And php mysql will
      get the data from it. Just do some research on this . try 2 use nutch -
      famous open source web search engine .Also think other possiblities.

      Jegan a

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 19, 2008
        How much data are you looking at searching? If the data is large, PHP
        and a database backend may not be the right tool for the job. As
        Jegan mentioned you could look at one of Apache's Lucene variants to
        do the search for you. Here's an article from IBM showing you how to
        do this using PHP and Apache Solr.
        http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-php-apachesolr/index.html