Re: warning: mkdir() failed (Permission denied)

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2006
      Ashok,

      Apache won't have permissions to create directories under /etc. If you
      have to create a directory you could create it under directory which
      has write permissions for Apache to create it.

      You'll have to chmod the directory to 755. I wouldn't recommend that
      you do that to /etc though. :)

      --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, ashok kumar <vak108@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Iam having PHP working on Apache in Linux. From PHP Iam trying to
      create a directory using mkdir("/etc/owndir"); but iam getting the
      error warning: mkdir() failed (Permission
      denied) in /var/www/html/dircheck.php on line 4.

      > please do help me in creating a directory.
      >
      > Regards
      > Ashok.V

    • raja mohamed
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2006
        Hi ashok,

        Fisrt u should give the write permission for the
        parent directory.

        For Ex,
        A is a parent folder
        B is a folder (Child of A)
        For this structure u must give write permission to A
        then u can create one folder with inside A .This is
        error may occur if using linux only.

        Plz do like this i am sure ur problem will clear

        By
        Raja Mohamed.S

        --- ashok kumar <vak108@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Iam having PHP working on Apache in Linux. From
        > PHP Iam trying to create a directory using
        > mkdir("/etc/owndir"); but iam getting the error
        > warning: mkdir() failed
        > (Permission denied) in /var/www/html/dircheck.php
        > on line 4.
        >
        > please do help me in creating a directory.
        >
        > Regards
        > Ashok.V

        > removed]

        With Regards,