Re: A help in getting connected to SQL server2000

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 8, 2008
      What errors did you get while trying mssql_connect()? If you need help
      in this, you'll have to let us know what's the problem you're facing
      so we can try to solve it.

      First try phpinfo(); see if mssql module is getting loaded. If that's
      not loaded, you'll have to as the server folks to install and enable
      the module.

      --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, jiunarayan omom <jthapa33013@...>
      wrote:

      > I have tried direct connection to SQL Server2000 using
      mssql_connect().. but it doesn't work, so I opt for the odbc driver
      which is slow and the stored procedures can't be called show, showing
      sql error 1SO2. So any body out there CAN guide me in configuring SQL
      Server2000 and php in linux. I will be really thankfull...

    • mithun mandal
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 9, 2008
        please check whether mssql driver(support) is loaded or not using phpinfo(); In linux server it will not there. please check for support too. SQL server 2000 can be install in windows server so your sql server in other host which is not linux OS. you can use mssql driver to connect sql server. please recomplile php for mssql support (ask host provider to do so.)

        wrote:

        > Hey
        > Drupal didn't provide any solutions to mssql connection. Can I get
        more help???????? or I should better asked that is there anybody out
        there who has used SQL Server2000 and php in Linux

        Be the first one to try the new Messenger 9 Beta! Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/win/

      • jiunarayan omom
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 9, 2008
          I have configured an mssql_connect(php in Windows) to SQL Server2000. But it throws the error as "Unable to connect to server {DatabaseName}", where the same datatbase name get connected with the ODBC. In phpinfo() I can see the mssql enabled. I do have tried a lot to get mssql php(in Linux) using freeTDS but I failed, instead I got success in ODBC and freeTds where the stored procedure gives me a problem. Any one out there kindly help me to get connected to php and mssql

          wrote:

          > Hey
          > Drupal didn't provide any solutions to mssql connection. Can I get
          more help???????? or I should better asked that is there anybody out
          there who has used SQL Server2000 and php in Linux

          Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/invite/

        • ankur
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 9, 2008
            Hello,
            I got some more links for you...
            hope this will help you...

            http://www.easysoft.com/developer/languages/php/sql_server_unix_tutorial.html
            http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6636
            http://members.cox.net/midian/howto/phpMSSQL.htm

            and if you are linux is debian or ubuntu then make sure you have installed
            apt-get install tsdodbc
            php5-mssql_*
            and
            apt-get install php5-sybase