Re: [bang-phpug] Required help in fetching address book contacts

  • Harsha M V
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 26, 2008
      just to let you know... the email providers keep changing their contact
      import method every now and then... so you will need to get a new script
      every time it happens..
      --
      Harsha M V
      {http://hmv.co.in}

    • manoj maurya
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 28, 2008
        yes harasha, you are right. i have gone through it.

        Manoj Kr. Maurya (Software Engineer) Phone: +91-9911827700

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 28, 2008
          you can subscribe for that service.. it cost around $30 for a year

          --
          Harsha M V
          {http://hmv.co.in}

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 28, 2008
            as compare to others msn changes fetching data information very fast, you
            have to understand headers first.

            On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 10:07 PM, Harsha M V <hmvrulz@...> wrote:

            > you can subscribe for that service.. it cost around $30 for a year
            >

            > --
            > Harsha M V
            > {http://hmv.co.in}

            Goutam

          • manoj maurya
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 29, 2008
              But i don't want to purchase, i want to write our own script with the help of their API's.

              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 29, 2008
                Manoj,
                Here are the API's for the major players:
                Yahoo: http://developer.yahoo.com/addressbook/
                MSN Live: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb463989.aspx
                Google: http://code.google.com/apis/contacts/

                On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 3:07 PM, manoj maurya <mkmaurya_it@...> wrote:

                > But i don't want to purchase, i want to write our own script with the
                > help of their API's.
                >

                > Manoj Kr. Maurya (Software Engineer) Phone: +91-9911827700
                >
                > --- On Thu, 8/28/08, Harsha M V <hmvrulz@... <hmvrulz%40gmail.com>>
                > wrote:
                > From: Harsha M V <hmvrulz@... <hmvrulz%40gmail.com>>
                > Subject: Re: [bang-phpug] Required help in fetching address book contacts
                > To: bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com <bang-phpug%40yahoogroups.com>
                > Date: Thursday, August 28, 2008, 10:07 PM
                >
                > you can subscribe for that service.. it cost around $30 for a year
                >
                > --
                >
                > Harsha M V
                >
                > {http://hmv.co in}

              • avinash srivastava
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 29, 2008
                  try using plaxo address book access widget. Its free to use also.

                  http://www.plaxo.com/api/widget

                  Thanks
                  Avinash

                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
                    Thanks Vinu, I am working on it.

                    On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 3:07 PM, manoj maurya <mkmaurya_it@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                    > But i don't want to purchase, i want to write our own script with the

                    > help of their API's.

                    > Manoj Kr. Maurya (Software Engineer) Phone: +91-9911827700

                    > --- On Thu, 8/28/08, Harsha M V <hmvrulz@gmail. com <hmvrulz%40gmail. com>>

                    > wrote:

                    > From: Harsha M V <hmvrulz@gmail. com <hmvrulz%40gmail. com>>

                    > Subject: Re: [bang-phpug] Required help in fetching address book contacts

                    > To: bang-phpug@yahoogro ups.com <bang-phpug% 40yahoogroups. com>

                    > Date: Thursday, August 28, 2008, 10:07 PM

                    > you can subscribe for that service.. it cost around $30 for a year

                    > --

                    > Harsha M V

                    > {http://hmv.co. in}

                  • manoj maurya
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
                      ya i have looked on it, no doubts it's good but plaxo places it's own logo on popup window when u r trying to fetch out data.

                      Manoj Kr. Maurya (Software Engineer) Phone: +91-9911827700

                      Any body have script for importing Address Book from different mail accounts like yahoo, rediffmail, AOL, gmail, hotmail.. etc.

                      I searched for this and i found several script but all are paid. And i also found in phpclasses but script is working only for some mail accounts like yahoo and msn. I got success in fetching records from yahoo, gmail and AOL.

                      I have urgent need for hotmail mail account not from messanger list.

                      Please help me, i am waiting for your response.

                      Thanks.

                      Manoj Kr. Maurya (Software Engineer) Phone: +91-9911827700

                      Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now, on http://help. yahoo.com/ l/in/yahoo/ mail/yahoomail/ tools/tools- 08.html/

                    • Harsha M V
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
                        then use their API.. and search for projects on sourceforge or other open
                        source sites... and write your own code

                        --
                        Harsha M V
                        {http://hmv.co.in}