Re: [bang-phpug] Required help in fetching address book contacts

  • ankur
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 25, 2008
      hello,

      if you can hack the existing code and use in your project then you can use
      symfony framework contact grabber plugin.

      http://plugins.symfony-project.org/sfContactGrabberPlugin

      download it, see the code and use as you want.

      --

      On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:57 AM, manoj maurya <mkmaurya_it@...>wrote:

      > Hi Friends,
      >
      > Any body have script for importing Address Book from different mail
      > accounts like yahoo, rediffmail, AOL, gmail, hotmail.. etc.
      > I searched for this and i found several script but all are paid. And i also
      > found in phpclasses but script is working only for some mail accounts like
      > yahoo and msn. I got success in fetching records from yahoo, gmail and AOL.
      > I have urgent need for hotmail mail account not from messanger list.
      >
      > Please help me, i am waiting for your response.
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Manoj Kr. Maurya (Software Engineer) Phone: +91-9911827700

    • Harsha M V
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 26, 2008
        just to let you know... the email providers keep changing their contact
        import method every now and then... so you will need to get a new script
        every time it happens..
        --
        Harsha M V
        {http://hmv.co.in}

      • manoj maurya
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 28, 2008
          yes harasha, you are right. i have gone through it.

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 28, 2008
            you can subscribe for that service.. it cost around $30 for a year

            --
            Harsha M V
            {http://hmv.co.in}

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 28, 2008
              as compare to others msn changes fetching data information very fast, you
              have to understand headers first.

              On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 10:07 PM, Harsha M V <hmvrulz@...> wrote:

              > you can subscribe for that service.. it cost around $30 for a year
              >

              > --
              > Harsha M V
              > {http://hmv.co.in}

              Goutam

            • manoj maurya
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 29, 2008
                But i don't want to purchase, i want to write our own script with the help of their API's.

                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 29, 2008
                  Manoj,
                  Here are the API's for the major players:
                  Yahoo: http://developer.yahoo.com/addressbook/
                  MSN Live: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb463989.aspx
                  Google: http://code.google.com/apis/contacts/

                  On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 3:07 PM, manoj maurya <mkmaurya_it@...> wrote:

                  > But i don't want to purchase, i want to write our own script with the
                  > help of their API's.
                  >

                  > Manoj Kr. Maurya (Software Engineer) Phone: +91-9911827700
                  >
                  > --- On Thu, 8/28/08, Harsha M V <hmvrulz@... <hmvrulz%40gmail.com>>
                  > wrote:
                  > From: Harsha M V <hmvrulz@... <hmvrulz%40gmail.com>>
                  > Subject: Re: [bang-phpug] Required help in fetching address book contacts
                  > To: bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com <bang-phpug%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > Date: Thursday, August 28, 2008, 10:07 PM
                  >
                  > you can subscribe for that service.. it cost around $30 for a year
                  >
                  > --
                  >
                  > Harsha M V
                  >
                  > {http://hmv.co in}

                • avinash srivastava
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 29, 2008
                    try using plaxo address book access widget. Its free to use also.

                    http://www.plaxo.com/api/widget

                    Thanks
                    Avinash

                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
                      Thanks Vinu, I am working on it.

                      On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 3:07 PM, manoj maurya <mkmaurya_it@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                      > But i don't want to purchase, i want to write our own script with the

                      > help of their API's.

                      > Manoj Kr. Maurya (Software Engineer) Phone: +91-9911827700

                      > --- On Thu, 8/28/08, Harsha M V <hmvrulz@gmail. com <hmvrulz%40gmail. com>>

                      > wrote:

                      > From: Harsha M V <hmvrulz@gmail. com <hmvrulz%40gmail. com>>

                      > Subject: Re: [bang-phpug] Required help in fetching address book contacts

                      > To: bang-phpug@yahoogro ups.com <bang-phpug% 40yahoogroups. com>

                      > Date: Thursday, August 28, 2008, 10:07 PM

                      > you can subscribe for that service.. it cost around $30 for a year

                      > --

                      > Harsha M V

                      > {http://hmv.co. in}

                    • manoj maurya
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
                        ya i have looked on it, no doubts it's good but plaxo places it's own logo on popup window when u r trying to fetch out data.

                        Manoj Kr. Maurya (Software Engineer) Phone: +91-9911827700

                        Any body have script for importing Address Book from different mail accounts like yahoo, rediffmail, AOL, gmail, hotmail.. etc.

                        I searched for this and i found several script but all are paid. And i also found in phpclasses but script is working only for some mail accounts like yahoo and msn. I got success in fetching records from yahoo, gmail and AOL.

                        I have urgent need for hotmail mail account not from messanger list.

                        Please help me, i am waiting for your response.

                        Thanks.

                        Manoj Kr. Maurya (Software Engineer) Phone: +91-9911827700

                        Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now, on http://help. yahoo.com/ l/in/yahoo/ mail/yahoomail/ tools/tools- 08.html/

                      • Harsha M V
                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 30, 2008
                          then use their API.. and search for projects on sourceforge or other open
                          source sites... and write your own code

                          --
                          Harsha M V
                          {http://hmv.co.in}