plain text - About moving to another technology

  • shijothomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2008
      Hi All,I am a 3.4 year experienced PHP programmer. Now my company want me to shift to .NET technology, which I am completely unaware of. I need some opinion andsuggestions from you all about, how easy it will be to study .NET, is it good for my career ???.Please do write your opinion about it.Thanks & Regards,Shijo

    • Harsha M V
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7, 2008
        As AS i am concerned am not a WINDOWS guy

        On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 3:51 PM, shijothomas <shijothomas@...>wrote:

        > Hi All,I am a 3.4 year experienced PHP programmer. Now my company want
        > me to shift to .NET technology, which I am completely unaware of. I need
        > some opinion andsuggestions from you all about, how easy it will be to study
        > .NET, is it good for my career ???.Please do write your opinion about
        > it.Thanks & Regards,Shijo

        Harsha M V
        {http://hmv.co.in}

      • manoj maurya
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 8, 2008
          Hi firend,
          It's great chance to switch to .net technology, this is rising technology now a days. I was also on .NET on the staring of my career but the same situation is happining with me my comp. move on php, i am missing .net.....

          It's not so hard because you have good experience in programming. And .Net guys always getting handsome salary rangeand good exposure.

          From the last 1 month i am also looking for change but i didn't find any good package.

          According to my suggestion you should move on .NET .

          Bye.

          Manoj Kr. Maurya (Software Engineer) Phone: +91-9911827700

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 10, 2008
            Hi ,

            If it is ASP.NET then its easy for a PHP programmer to learn it.Both are
            same client server technologies. Only the coding style is differ. And if you
            know Object oriented concepts in PHP ,then it is really easy to understand
            .NET.