Re: [bang-phpug] salary range and opportunties in Bangalore or Chennai

  • Udayakumar Sarangapani
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 12, 2008
      Hi Aniesh,

      I accept Harsha M V and Ramkumar emails 100%. Both have given good things to
      you.

      You mentioned in your first email about your experience in PHP i.e. 2.5 yrs.

      As Harsha told, Knowledge does only matter. If you have knowledge and stuff
      to choose a right company, you can get a lot in your salary package. At the
      same time, i accept ramkumar mentioned one. Dont go for adsense things. You
      are a professional php programmer. I want to ask you one more thing: How
      many PHP MVC do you know? and also the CMS. Just start learning different
      PHP MVC (CakePHP, Mojavi, Zend Framework, Symphony) and CMS (Joomla, Drupal,
      Wordpress). You will get more idea about PHP5 OOPs concept while using those
      different MVC and CMS.

      On 7/5/08, Ramkumar <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:

      > well, i am working as a php developer and own few websites. i would
      > say making some websites for the sole purpose of adsense revenue is
      > not a good idea.
      >
      > On 7/5/08, aniesh joseph <aniesh_joseph@...<aniesh_joseph%40yahoo.co.in>>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > I would like to say my thanks for all members who replied..
      > >
      > > What would be your opinion about starting some sites and making some
      > income
      > > through advertisement program like 'Google Adsense' ?
      > >

      > > --- On Sat, 5/7/08, mithun mandal <mandal.mithun@...<mandal.mithun%40yahoo.co.in>>
      > wrote:
      > > From: mithun mandal <mandal.mithun@...<mandal.mithun%40yahoo.co.in>
      > >
      > > Subject: Re: [bang-phpug] salary range and opportunties in Bangalore or
      > > Chennai
      > > To: bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com <bang-phpug%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > Date: Saturday, 5 July, 2008, 4:29 PM
      > >

      > > Hi all,
      > >

      > > I was working in company as a php developer and worked for +1yr which
      > gives
      > > me only 1L/A (max) even such company in Bangalore gives me 50k/A. I got
      > > frustrated on that and start doing freelancing and earning good ransom
      > money
      > > which is some companies 6+ exp is earning.
      > >

      > > Regards
      > >
      > > Mithun
      > >

      > > Note: I was having very good knowledge and far better than a fresher, but
      > > company treated me as a fresher and gives very small amount.

    • ram
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008

        I thought it might be useful info to be added into the same series of
        mail.

        My company is looking for a PHP developer with around 2 years of
        experience in working in LAMP/WAMP environment.We have got a new
        project for which we are feeling short of a resource or two. The job
        location is Bangalore.

        The kind of role will not be purely in back-end, but will be in front
        end development too. People with lesser experience, but who can meet
        the following requirements can also apply.

        The pre-requisites are
        1. Good working knowledge in PHP4, (PHP5 and OOP would be a certain
        advantage, but not mandatory)
        2. Good knowledge of SQL query development, database design skills.
        3. Should have worked on any content management related project (On
        Joomla, mambo, wordpress or Drupal). More projects are in pipeline in
        this area.
        4. Good knowledge of HTML, javascript, CSS (XTML, ajax, JSON would be
        certainly an advantage)
        5. Knowledge of XML parsers and SOAP (PHP5 SOAPClient or NuSOAP).
        6. Basic web server administration skills (Skills like apache
        configurations, htaccess , URL rewriting, PHP configurations, cron
        jobs etc would be much desired).

        The salary is completely negotiable, but the person should be ready to
        join with the least time after offer. Those who are willing to shift
        to Bangalore, this should be it.

        In case any of you are interested, please send across your CVs to my
        id - rmkmr79@... , possibly I can get my HR to call you for a
        discussion very soon. I am not sharing my official id for the sake of
        confidentiality.

        Reply to me at the earliest.

        Ram

        --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "Udayakumar Sarangapani"
        <udayakumar.sarangapani@...> wrote:

        > Hi Aniesh,
        >
        > I accept Harsha M V and Ramkumar emails 100%. Both have given good
        things to
        > you.
        >
        > You mentioned in your first email about your experience in PHP i.e.
        2.5 yrs.

        > As Harsha told, Knowledge does only matter. If you have knowledge
        and stuff
        > to choose a right company, you can get a lot in your salary package.
        At the
        > same time, i accept ramkumar mentioned one. Dont go for adsense
        things. You
        > are a professional php programmer. I want to ask you one more thing: How
        > many PHP MVC do you know? and also the CMS. Just start learning
        different
        > PHP MVC (CakePHP, Mojavi, Zend Framework, Symphony) and CMS (Joomla,
        Drupal,
        > Wordpress). You will get more idea about PHP5 OOPs concept while
        using those
        > different MVC and CMS.
        >

        > On 7/5/08, Ramkumar <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > well, i am working as a php developer and own few websites. i would
        > > say making some websites for the sole purpose of adsense revenue is
        > > not a good idea.
        > >
        > > On 7/5/08, aniesh joseph
        <aniesh_joseph@...<aniesh_joseph%40yahoo.co.in>>
        > > wrote:
        > > >

        > > > I would like to say my thanks for all members who replied..
        > > >
        > > > What would be your opinion about starting some sites and making some
        > > income
        > > > through advertisement program like 'Google Adsense' ?
        > > >

        > > > --- On Sat, 5/7/08, mithun mandal
        <mandal.mithun@...<mandal.mithun%40yahoo.co.in>>
        > > wrote:
        > > > From: mithun mandal <mandal.mithun@...<mandal.mithun%40yahoo.co.in>
        > > >
        > > > Subject: Re: [bang-phpug] salary range and opportunties in
        Bangalore or
        > > > Chennai
        > > > To: bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com <bang-phpug%40yahoogroups.com>
        > > > Date: Saturday, 5 July, 2008, 4:29 PM
        > > >

        > > > Hi all,
        > > >

        > > > I was working in company as a php developer and worked for +1yr
        which
        > > gives
        > > > me only 1L/A (max) even such company in Bangalore gives me
        50k/A. I got
        > > > frustrated on that and start doing freelancing and earning good
        ransom
        > > money
        > > > which is some companies 6+ exp is earning.
        > > >

        > > > Regards
        > > >
        > > > Mithun
        > > >

        > > > Note: I was having very good knowledge and far better than a
        fresher, but
        > > > company treated me as a fresher and gives very small amount.

      • Udayakumar Sarangapani
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
          Hi Ramkumar,

          Could you please give me your company website address?

          Regards
          Uday

          On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:37 PM, ram <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > and stuff
          > > to choose a right company, you can get a lot in your salary package.
          > At the
          > > same time, i accept ramkumar mentioned one. Dont go for adsense
          > things. You
          > > are a professional php programmer. I want to ask you one more thing: How
          > > many PHP MVC do you know? and also the CMS. Just start learning
          > different
          > > PHP MVC (CakePHP, Mojavi, Zend Framework, Symphony) and CMS (Joomla,
          > Drupal,
          > > Wordpress). You will get more idea about PHP5 OOPs concept while
          > using those
          > > different MVC and CMS.
          > >

          > > On 7/5/08, Ramkumar <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > well, i am working as a php developer and own few websites. i would
          > > > say making some websites for the sole purpose of adsense revenue is

        • amit sharma
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
            Hi Frnds ,
            This is amit ,
            i had worked on php for about six mnths in Impetus technologiesnoida
            Now because of the cost cutting i have been sacked by the company .

            kindly tell me some oprtunity if u have for me

            i had worked on the Xampp platform

            I also had worked on MVC pattern and ZEND framework

          • ram
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
              Hi Uday,

              I cant disclose my company identity at the moment. be rest assured,
              its a UK based company, having its main operations in India. Currently
              we have a project with an australian company, they are looking forward
              to a joint venture in coming days.

              In case you are interested, please send across the CV to me.

            • ankur
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
                Hello Ram,

                For 2 yr of experience if you find any person with all these
                quality/pre-requisites,
                let me know I want to say "dude! you are great" to him/her. :)

                Jokes Apart :)

                --

                On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:37 PM, ram <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:

                > The pre-requisites are
                > 1. Good working knowledge in PHP4, (PHP5 and OOP would be a certain
                > advantage, but not mandatory)
                > 2. Good knowledge of SQL query development, database design skills.
                > 3. Should have worked on any content management related project (On
                > Joomla, mambo, wordpress or Drupal). More projects are in pipeline in
                > this area.
                > 4. Good knowledge of HTML, javascript, CSS (XTML, ajax, JSON would be
                > certainly an advantage)
                > 5. Knowledge of XML parsers and SOAP (PHP5 SOAPClient or NuSOAP).
                > 6. Basic web server administration skills (Skills like apache
                > configurations, htaccess , URL rewriting, PHP configurations, cron
                > jobs etc would be much desired).

              • maq sood
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
                  Dude,
                  Wats the big deal in it??
                  Ram has just mentioned what job profile expects. I doesn't mean each and every thing in there you should know... Lemme tell you selection of the candidate will be based on whether he is capable of doing this kinda work... its not if he has done it...
                  So be always positive... Good day!
                  -Maqsood

                  On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:37 PM, ram <mailtoramkumar@ gmail.com> wrote:

                  > The pre-requisites are
                  > 1. Good working knowledge in PHP4, (PHP5 and OOP would be a certain
                  > advantage, but not mandatory)
                  > 2. Good knowledge of SQL query development, database design skills.
                  > 3. Should have worked on any content management related project (On
                  > Joomla, mambo, wordpress or Drupal). More projects are in pipeline in
                  > this area.
                  > 4. Good knowledge of HTML, javascript, CSS (XTML, ajax, JSON would be
                  > certainly an advantage)
                  > 5. Knowledge of XML parsers and SOAP (PHP5 SOAPClient or NuSOAP).
                  > 6. Basic web server administration skills (Skills like apache
                  > configurations, htaccess , URL rewriting, PHP configurations, cron
                  > jobs etc would be much desired).

                • Ramkumar
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 16, 2008
                    hi maqsood, yes you are right. the profile mentioned is roughly what i
                    am handling at the moment and i am less than 2 years as a php
                    developer. ;-).

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 19, 2008
                      We are still on the lookput for a right candidate. Salary would be the
                      best in industry. Any one with close to 2 years of experience and
                      looking for a change, do mail the CV to me.
                      Contact me personally on my email id in case you would like to know
                      about the company. mail to - rmkmr79 [AT] yahoo.com

                      Ram

                      --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Ramkumar <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:

                      > hi maqsood, yes you are right. the profile mentioned is roughly what i
                      > am handling at the moment and i am less than 2 years as a php
                      > developer. ;-).
                      >

                      > On 7/16/08, maq sood <maq005@...> wrote:
                      > > Dude,
                      > > Wats the big deal in it??
                      > > Ram has just mentioned what job profile expects. I doesn't mean
                      each and
                      > > every thing in there you should know... Lemme tell you selection
                      of the
                      > > candidate will be based on whether he is capable of doing this
                      kinda work...
                      > > its not if he has done it...
                      > > So be always positive... Good day!
                      > > -Maqsood

                    • ameeta
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 28, 2008
                        Hey Guys,

                        I had been on leave for some time now and so out of all the wonderful
                        discussions.. J We are still looking for Senior PHP guys .

                        And the openings are in a big number as we are setting up an entire team for
                        PHP who would be trained by German guys who are here in india for
                        recruitment so guys if you are really looking for a change and want to be at
                        the best place with the best compensation then barge in with your resumes at
                        the earliest.

                        Regards

                        Ameeta P Sokhi