Re: [bang-phpug] Will it work in PHP?

  • Hemanth
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 7, 2008
      pal
      first try to do hello world and the Fibonacci number series.
      touch screen is a user input feature, similar to your mouse.
      an hardware feature.
      php wont know one from the other.
      the os takes care of things such as the mouse and touch screen input
      systems.

      Hemanth
      --
      Advertise anything FREE on Google website http://www.ValueAds.Biz or BOX AD
      at just Rs.550 per month (Limited time offer)

      On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:18 AM, syam mohan <syammohan_ch@...> wrote:

      > Hai Friends..
      > My aim is to develop a touch screen application, just as you see and using
      > the one in a railway station to know the status of trains. I want to know
      > whether is it possible with PHP. I mean the assumed system is like
      > standalone system, with no connection to the any networks including
      > Internet. The DB server and PHP is installed on the system and works as a
      > local one. Now i want to get the risks of such system running PHP and MySql.
      > If you think, i put a foolish idea, Don't Ignore.. Please put your
      > valuable suggestions.
      > Thanks...
      > Syam Mohn C H
      >

      > From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Go to
      > http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/citygroups/

    • ganu ullu
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 7, 2008
        Hello Syam,

        you have a nice query.

        this is absolutly possible.
        you have to use PHP-GTK for your application.

        read some good links
        http://gtk.php.net/
        http://www.kksou.com/php-gtk2/
        http://www.kksou.com/php-gtk2/PHP-GTK2-Help/108-how-do-i-intergrate-a-point-of-sale-system-with-to.php

        hope this will help you.
        --
        thnx.
        ganu.

        On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Hemanth <mvhemanth@...> wrote:

        > pal
        > first try to do hello world and the Fibonacci number series.
        > touch screen is a user input feature, similar to your mouse.
        > an hardware feature.
        > php wont know one from the other.
        > the os takes care of things such as the mouse and touch screen input
        > systems.
        >
        > Hemanth
        > --
        > Advertise anything FREE on Google website http://www.ValueAds.Biz or BOX
        > AD
        > at just Rs.550 per month (Limited time offer)
        > Call (+91) 9844125556 Bangalore, India.
        >

        > On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:18 AM, syam mohan <syammohan_ch@...<syammohan_ch%40yahoo.com>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > Hai Friends..
        > > My aim is to develop a touch screen application, just as you see and
        > using
        > > the one in a railway station to know the status of trains. I want to know
        > > whether is it possible with PHP. I mean the assumed system is like
        > > standalone system, with no connection to the any networks including
        > > Internet. The DB server and PHP is installed on the system and works as a
        > > local one. Now i want to get the risks of such system running PHP and
        > MySql.
        > > If you think, i put a foolish idea, Don't Ignore.. Please put your
        > > valuable suggestions.
        > > Thanks...
        > > Syam Mohn C H
        > >

        > > From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Go to
        > > http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/citygroups/

      • mithun mandal
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7, 2008
          Hi syam mohan,

          In a touch screen system, touch screen use as a human interaction device which means it only allow human to click/select a option/feature.
          so if you build an application using php/mysql or php-gtk/mysql then it will show in that screen where you can select/click a option/feature by touch.
          so this application is possible to run on that system in network or without network (standalone).

          if you have any further more query then please post. if i am not right then please update me.

          thanks

          regards
          Mithun

          My aim is to develop a touch screen application, just as you see and using the one in a railway station to know the status of trains. I want to know whether is it possible with PHP. I mean the assumed system is like standalone system, with no connection to the any networks including Internet. The DB server and PHP is installed on the system and works as a local one. Now i want to get the risks of such system running PHP and MySql.
          If you think, i put a foolish idea, Don't Ignore.. Please put your valuable suggestions.
          Thanks...
          Syam Mohn C H

          From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Go to http://in.promos yahoo.com/ groups/citygroup s/

          Bollywood, fun, friendship, sports and more. You name it, we have it on http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/bestofyahoo/

        • satveer singh
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 7, 2008
            hello brother

             ur question is very interesting, i think primary dependency of hardware of touch screen

            u check that in market touch screen LAP TOPS are  avelabel  if you open same site or any project in touch screen laptop or also same in non-touch  screen  then button of the site or project work on both screens , in touch screen gives hardware functionality of  button click by screen and on other hand non-touch screen not gives hardware functionality , so basicaly its not a part of program  of php

            i think its help you to solve ur query

            On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Hemanth <mvhemanth@gmail. com> wrote:

            > pal

            > first try to do hello world and the Fibonacci number series.

            > touch screen is a user input feature, similar to your mouse.

            > an hardware feature.

            > php wont know one from the other.

            > the os takes care of things such as the mouse and touch screen input

            > systems.

            > Hemanth

            > --

            > Advertise anything FREE on Google website http://www.ValueAds .Biz or BOX

            > AD

            > at just Rs.550 per month (Limited time offer)

            > Call (+91) 9844125556 Bangalore, India.

            > On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:18 AM, syam mohan <syammohan_ch@ yahoo.com<syammohan_ch% 40yahoo.com> >

            > wrote:

            > > Hai Friends..

            > > My aim is to develop a touch screen application, just as you see and

            > using

            > > the one in a railway station to know the status of trains. I want to know

            > > whether is it possible with PHP. I mean the assumed system is like

            > > standalone system, with no connection to the any networks including

            > > Internet. The DB server and PHP is installed on the system and works as a

            > > local one. Now i want to get the risks of such system running PHP and

            > MySql.

            > > If you think, i put a foolish idea, Don't Ignore.. Please put your

            > > valuable suggestions.

            > > Thanks...

            > > Syam Mohn C H

            > > From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Go to

            > > http://in.promos yahoo.com/ groups/citygroup s/

          • thisistrinath
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 8, 2008
              As said by Hemnath, it is a Hardware related issue, first of all your
              hardware should be touch sensible and then the OS beneath should give
              you the API to deal with it, then only it will work.
              PHP is just a language. I think you should come the reverse way. First
              find the hardware then the OS and then when it comes to a language for
              development, choose PHP.
              Good Luck
            • Viswanath Somanchi
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 9, 2008

                I think you are thinking too much about PHP it is just for developing web
                applications. These things which is better handled by languages like C,C++,
                Perl as they can interact with hardware and OS level IPC's. but your idea is
                good try with these languages all the best dude