Re: [bang-phpug] salary range and opportunties in Bangalore or Chennai

  • aniesh joseph
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 5, 2008
      I would like to say my thanks for all members who replied..

      What would be your opinion about starting some sites and making some income through advertisement program like 'Google Adsense' ?

      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 5, 2008
        well, i am working as a php developer and own few websites. i would
        say making some websites for the sole purpose of adsense revenue is
        not a good idea.

        On 7/5/08, aniesh joseph <aniesh_joseph@...> wrote:

        > I would like to say my thanks for all members who replied..
        >
        > What would be your opinion about starting some sites and making some income
        > through advertisement program like 'Google Adsense' ?

        Ramkumar K R
      • Udayakumar Sarangapani
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 12, 2008
          Hi Aniesh,

          I accept Harsha M V and Ramkumar emails 100%. Both have given good things to
          you.

          You mentioned in your first email about your experience in PHP i.e. 2.5 yrs.

          As Harsha told, Knowledge does only matter. If you have knowledge and stuff
          to choose a right company, you can get a lot in your salary package. At the
          same time, i accept ramkumar mentioned one. Dont go for adsense things. You
          are a professional php programmer. I want to ask you one more thing: How
          many PHP MVC do you know? and also the CMS. Just start learning different
          PHP MVC (CakePHP, Mojavi, Zend Framework, Symphony) and CMS (Joomla, Drupal,
          Wordpress). You will get more idea about PHP5 OOPs concept while using those
          different MVC and CMS.

          On 7/5/08, Ramkumar <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:

          > well, i am working as a php developer and own few websites. i would
          > say making some websites for the sole purpose of adsense revenue is
          > not a good idea.
          >
          > On 7/5/08, aniesh joseph <aniesh_joseph@...<aniesh_joseph%40yahoo.co.in>>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > > I would like to say my thanks for all members who replied..
          > >
          > > What would be your opinion about starting some sites and making some
          > income
          > > through advertisement program like 'Google Adsense' ?
          > >

          > > --- On Sat, 5/7/08, mithun mandal <mandal.mithun@...<mandal.mithun%40yahoo.co.in>>
          > wrote:
          > > From: mithun mandal <mandal.mithun@...<mandal.mithun%40yahoo.co.in>
          > >
          > > Subject: Re: [bang-phpug] salary range and opportunties in Bangalore or
          > > Chennai
          > > To: bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com <bang-phpug%40yahoogroups.com>
          > > Date: Saturday, 5 July, 2008, 4:29 PM
          > >

          > > Hi all,
          > >

          > > I was working in company as a php developer and worked for +1yr which
          > gives
          > > me only 1L/A (max) even such company in Bangalore gives me 50k/A. I got
          > > frustrated on that and start doing freelancing and earning good ransom
          > money
          > > which is some companies 6+ exp is earning.
          > >

          > > Regards
          > >
          > > Mithun
          > >

          > > Note: I was having very good knowledge and far better than a fresher, but
          > > company treated me as a fresher and gives very small amount.

        • ram
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008

            I thought it might be useful info to be added into the same series of
            mail.

            My company is looking for a PHP developer with around 2 years of
            experience in working in LAMP/WAMP environment.We have got a new
            project for which we are feeling short of a resource or two. The job
            location is Bangalore.

            The kind of role will not be purely in back-end, but will be in front
            end development too. People with lesser experience, but who can meet
            the following requirements can also apply.

            The pre-requisites are
            1. Good working knowledge in PHP4, (PHP5 and OOP would be a certain
            advantage, but not mandatory)
            2. Good knowledge of SQL query development, database design skills.
            3. Should have worked on any content management related project (On
            Joomla, mambo, wordpress or Drupal). More projects are in pipeline in
            this area.
            4. Good knowledge of HTML, javascript, CSS (XTML, ajax, JSON would be
            certainly an advantage)
            5. Knowledge of XML parsers and SOAP (PHP5 SOAPClient or NuSOAP).
            6. Basic web server administration skills (Skills like apache
            configurations, htaccess , URL rewriting, PHP configurations, cron
            jobs etc would be much desired).

            The salary is completely negotiable, but the person should be ready to
            join with the least time after offer. Those who are willing to shift
            to Bangalore, this should be it.

            In case any of you are interested, please send across your CVs to my
            id - rmkmr79@... , possibly I can get my HR to call you for a
            discussion very soon. I am not sharing my official id for the sake of
            confidentiality.

            Reply to me at the earliest.

            Ram

            --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "Udayakumar Sarangapani"
            <udayakumar.sarangapani@...> wrote:

            > Hi Aniesh,
            >
            > I accept Harsha M V and Ramkumar emails 100%. Both have given good
            things to
            > you.
            >
            > You mentioned in your first email about your experience in PHP i.e.
            2.5 yrs.

            > As Harsha told, Knowledge does only matter. If you have knowledge
            and stuff
            > to choose a right company, you can get a lot in your salary package.
            At the
            > same time, i accept ramkumar mentioned one. Dont go for adsense
            things. You
            > are a professional php programmer. I want to ask you one more thing: How
            > many PHP MVC do you know? and also the CMS. Just start learning
            different
            > PHP MVC (CakePHP, Mojavi, Zend Framework, Symphony) and CMS (Joomla,
            Drupal,
            > Wordpress). You will get more idea about PHP5 OOPs concept while
            using those
            > different MVC and CMS.
            >

            > On 7/5/08, Ramkumar <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > well, i am working as a php developer and own few websites. i would
            > > say making some websites for the sole purpose of adsense revenue is
            > > not a good idea.
            > >
            > > On 7/5/08, aniesh joseph
            <aniesh_joseph@...<aniesh_joseph%40yahoo.co.in>>
            > > wrote:
            > > >

            > > > I would like to say my thanks for all members who replied..
            > > >
            > > > What would be your opinion about starting some sites and making some
            > > income
            > > > through advertisement program like 'Google Adsense' ?
            > > >

            > > > --- On Sat, 5/7/08, mithun mandal
            <mandal.mithun@...<mandal.mithun%40yahoo.co.in>>
            > > wrote:
            > > > From: mithun mandal <mandal.mithun@...<mandal.mithun%40yahoo.co.in>
            > > >
            > > > Subject: Re: [bang-phpug] salary range and opportunties in
            Bangalore or
            > > > Chennai
            > > > To: bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com <bang-phpug%40yahoogroups.com>
            > > > Date: Saturday, 5 July, 2008, 4:29 PM
            > > >

            > > > Hi all,
            > > >

            > > > I was working in company as a php developer and worked for +1yr
            which
            > > gives
            > > > me only 1L/A (max) even such company in Bangalore gives me
            50k/A. I got
            > > > frustrated on that and start doing freelancing and earning good
            ransom
            > > money
            > > > which is some companies 6+ exp is earning.
            > > >

            > > > Regards
            > > >
            > > > Mithun
            > > >

            > > > Note: I was having very good knowledge and far better than a
            fresher, but
            > > > company treated me as a fresher and gives very small amount.

          • Udayakumar Sarangapani
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
              Hi Ramkumar,

              Could you please give me your company website address?

              Regards
              Uday

              On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:37 PM, ram <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > and stuff
              > > to choose a right company, you can get a lot in your salary package.
              > At the
              > > same time, i accept ramkumar mentioned one. Dont go for adsense
              > things. You
              > > are a professional php programmer. I want to ask you one more thing: How
              > > many PHP MVC do you know? and also the CMS. Just start learning
              > different
              > > PHP MVC (CakePHP, Mojavi, Zend Framework, Symphony) and CMS (Joomla,
              > Drupal,
              > > Wordpress). You will get more idea about PHP5 OOPs concept while
              > using those
              > > different MVC and CMS.
              > >

              > > On 7/5/08, Ramkumar <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > well, i am working as a php developer and own few websites. i would
              > > > say making some websites for the sole purpose of adsense revenue is

            • amit sharma
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
                Hi Frnds ,
                This is amit ,
                i had worked on php for about six mnths in Impetus technologiesnoida
                Now because of the cost cutting i have been sacked by the company .

                kindly tell me some oprtunity if u have for me

                i had worked on the Xampp platform

                I also had worked on MVC pattern and ZEND framework

              • ram
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
                  Hi Uday,

                  I cant disclose my company identity at the moment. be rest assured,
                  its a UK based company, having its main operations in India. Currently
                  we have a project with an australian company, they are looking forward
                  to a joint venture in coming days.

                  In case you are interested, please send across the CV to me.

                • ankur
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
                    Hello Ram,

                    For 2 yr of experience if you find any person with all these
                    quality/pre-requisites,
                    let me know I want to say "dude! you are great" to him/her. :)

                    Jokes Apart :)

                    --

                    On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:37 PM, ram <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:

                    > The pre-requisites are
                    > 1. Good working knowledge in PHP4, (PHP5 and OOP would be a certain
                    > advantage, but not mandatory)
                    > 2. Good knowledge of SQL query development, database design skills.
                    > 3. Should have worked on any content management related project (On
                    > Joomla, mambo, wordpress or Drupal). More projects are in pipeline in
                    > this area.
                    > 4. Good knowledge of HTML, javascript, CSS (XTML, ajax, JSON would be
                    > certainly an advantage)
                    > 5. Knowledge of XML parsers and SOAP (PHP5 SOAPClient or NuSOAP).
                    > 6. Basic web server administration skills (Skills like apache
                    > configurations, htaccess , URL rewriting, PHP configurations, cron
                    > jobs etc would be much desired).

                  • maq sood
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
                      Dude,
                      Wats the big deal in it??
                      Ram has just mentioned what job profile expects. I doesn't mean each and every thing in there you should know... Lemme tell you selection of the candidate will be based on whether he is capable of doing this kinda work... its not if he has done it...
                      So be always positive... Good day!
                      -Maqsood

                      On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:37 PM, ram <mailtoramkumar@ gmail.com> wrote:

                      > The pre-requisites are
                      > 1. Good working knowledge in PHP4, (PHP5 and OOP would be a certain
                      > advantage, but not mandatory)
                      > 2. Good knowledge of SQL query development, database design skills.
                      > 3. Should have worked on any content management related project (On
                      > Joomla, mambo, wordpress or Drupal). More projects are in pipeline in
                      > this area.
                      > 4. Good knowledge of HTML, javascript, CSS (XTML, ajax, JSON would be
                      > certainly an advantage)
                      > 5. Knowledge of XML parsers and SOAP (PHP5 SOAPClient or NuSOAP).
                      > 6. Basic web server administration skills (Skills like apache
                      > configurations, htaccess , URL rewriting, PHP configurations, cron
                      > jobs etc would be much desired).

                    • Ramkumar
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 16, 2008
                        hi maqsood, yes you are right. the profile mentioned is roughly what i
                        am handling at the moment and i am less than 2 years as a php
                        developer. ;-).

                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 19, 2008
                          We are still on the lookput for a right candidate. Salary would be the
                          best in industry. Any one with close to 2 years of experience and
                          looking for a change, do mail the CV to me.
                          Contact me personally on my email id in case you would like to know
                          about the company. mail to - rmkmr79 [AT] yahoo.com

                          Ram

                          --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Ramkumar <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:

                          > hi maqsood, yes you are right. the profile mentioned is roughly what i
                          > am handling at the moment and i am less than 2 years as a php
                          > developer. ;-).
                          >

                          > On 7/16/08, maq sood <maq005@...> wrote:
                          > > Dude,
                          > > Wats the big deal in it??
                          > > Ram has just mentioned what job profile expects. I doesn't mean
                          each and
                          > > every thing in there you should know... Lemme tell you selection
                          of the
                          > > candidate will be based on whether he is capable of doing this
                          kinda work...
                          > > its not if he has done it...
                          > > So be always positive... Good day!
                          > > -Maqsood

                        • ameeta
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 28, 2008
                            Hey Guys,

                            I had been on leave for some time now and so out of all the wonderful
                            discussions.. J We are still looking for Senior PHP guys .

                            And the openings are in a big number as we are setting up an entire team for
                            PHP who would be trained by German guys who are here in india for
                            recruitment so guys if you are really looking for a change and want to be at
                            the best place with the best compensation then barge in with your resumes at
                            the earliest.

                            Regards

                            Ameeta P Sokhi