Re: [bang-phpug] Can not connect to mysql database

  • mithun mandal
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5, 2008
      I think mysql not configure with php that why it is generating a error which leads to stop apache server. that why you are getting page can not be dislay.
       to configure mysql with php do the following  chnages in php.ini..
      1. check do you have mysql server install or not. if not then install it.
      2. ;extension=php_mysql.dll to extension=php_mysql.dll
      regards
      Mithun Mandal
      php freelancer

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2008
        You need to post the code you wrote for better help.
      • Vijay Srinivas
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 8, 2008
          You need to provide the user id (usually the localhost), login id and password. This could speed-up the connection. Then, in mysql_select_db, you need to mention the database name.

          Vijay Srinivas

          i am beginner in PHP. just installed PHP and MySql. I tried to connect to the database using mysql_connect. but when i run this file i am getting 'page can not be displayed'.
          I am able to display a php page with out database connection details. Also I am able to connect to MYSql from command prompt,
          please help me
           -premja

          Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online at http://in.messenger .yahoo.com/ webmessengerprom o.php

        • Roshith Kaniyamchalil